Wigan Athletic vs City Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tricky game but if we approach the game like we did against Chelsea then we cannot have too many complaints.

We should be winning this comfortably.

Team that WILL win is:

---------------------Hart--------------------
Maicon/Zab------Nasty--------Lescott------Clichy/Kola
------------- ----- --Yaya------------------------
Sinclair---------------Samir----------------Silva
-----------------Aguero Tevez---------------------

should be a tough fixture with only a few days rest and another big match right on its heels...why the packed schedule all of a sudden?

yatesy94 said:
alky313 said:
---------------------Hart--------------------
Maicon------Kolo--------Lescott------Clichy/Kola
-------------Garcia------Yaya------------------
Nasri---------------Tevez----------------Silva
--------------------Aguero---------------------

Kompany looked absolutely gassed. We need to consider that our back line needs a rest.

Why drop Nastasic? He's been nothing short of phenomenal since he's had a run in the side.

Because I don't quite trust either on the right side. Nasty has played what. 270 minutes in 7 days? Time for a rest.

citytill1die84 said:
Couple of goals and a clean sheet I'd start Tevez and Dzeko. Aguero not on his game at all may need a rest. That's the only change I'd make 0-3 city :)
I would also rest Yaya. He is not pulling his weight and we have plenty of more than adequate back-up available.<br /><br />-- Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:33 am --<br /><br />
JoeMercer'sWay said:
For me:

Hart

Maicon
Zabaleta(c)
Lescott
Kolarov

Milner
Garcia
Nasri

Silva
Tevez
Sinclair.

Subs: Pantilimon, Nastasic, K Toure, Barry, Yaya Toure, Dzeko, Balotelli.
Thank God you are not in charge. Why have you dropped Vincent and Nasty? You need to keep a solid central defensive partnership together so they improve. They hardly run around alot (unlike Milner, Zaba and Kolorov) so won't need resting unless badly injured.

I'd like to see Sinclair get a game and i'd keep Milner in the side as well. He never let's us down and is perfect for these types of game's. Tevez has to start alongside Mario also, because despite his vital goals for the club, Dzeko just doesn't fit into the way we play.

lionheart said:
citytill1die84 said:
Couple of goals and a clean sheet I'd start Tevez and Dzeko. Aguero not on his game at all may need a rest. That's the only change I'd make 0-3 city :)
I would also rest Yaya. He is not pulling his weight and we have plenty of more than adequate back-up available.

-- Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:33 am --

JoeMercer'sWay said:
For me:

Hart

Maicon
Zabaleta(c)
Lescott
Kolarov

Milner
Garcia
Nasri

Silva
Tevez
Sinclair.

Subs: Pantilimon, Nastasic, K Toure, Barry, Yaya Toure, Dzeko, Balotelli.
Thank God you are not in charge. Why have you dropped Vincent and Nasty? You need to keep a solid central defensive partnership together so they improve. They hardly run around alot (unlike Milner, Zaba and Kolorov) so won't need resting unless badly injured.

Think you'll find that Kompany was on his last leg in the Chelsea match. Looked quite gassed towards the end.

We squeezed by Wigan last year and don't forget that United's defeat there in April was ultimately fatal come May.

We give up and Wigan take chances, while their goalkeeper is capable of inspired performances, so our strongest team with few changes should be the call of the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.