Wigan FA Cup post-match thread

Against big packed defences like that we need another option, a powerful forward who can unsettle the defenders and make some space, plus provide an aerial threat. Pep will never sign one but you felt we could have played all night and not scored and so it proved.

Delph s challenge was stupid with seconds to go to half time but not a red for me. Why did rag Taylor start to write up the yellow then pull out the red?

From what I can see of the Aguero incident the fan throws a punch at him and Aguero goes after him which is understandable. Once their fan's piled on we should have got off the pitch as quickly as possible and their stewards or police should have been looking out for the player's safety.

Wigan were cynical and defended well and got lucky, shit happens. Stones needs to get rid when a player is harassing him for the ball.because he is too weak and easily outfought. At eighty minutes and dominating the game no way should one forward on his own be able to score from there, we keep him contained and take the draw.

I said on an earlier post it had that feeling about it from about ten minutes in, sometimes you just feel it, like an awful sixth sense and the longer the game went the stronger the feeling grew.

I hate Wigan and their shitty fan's. I can't believe I was pleased for them when they won the FA cup they are horrible bastards. Southampton will probably turn up here and roll them over about 3-0, here's hoping!

Is that the focus for you right now?

Its as if you are looking for something to have a moan at?

Quite the opposite. I think it's sad some of our fans can't accept that a small club, you know, like we were for so long, would celebrate a big win over a better team with so much gusto. We've done it.

They've played to their strengths, beat us with a sucker punch, we've been below average and yet a lot of our fans are upset because their fans celebrated.

Thought we were better than that

Bollocks was the team wrong. Sterling is 23, he has played too much this season already. Stones and Laporte didn't cost us the goal and Otamendi has looked dodgy against Basel too, needed a rest. Kevin desperately needed a rest. Sane and Silva were wank, and Bravo did nowt wrong but you've nailed your colours to the mast on him.
My head is hurting like crazy and is all over the place. This result means we put our strongest eleven out for virtually all the remaining games now - Basel the only exception. I still reckon it will be next season before Pep puts the final pieces of the jigsaw in place and at that point we can fight Madrid, Barca and Bayern on equal terms. This season we will (maybe) face those teams as underdogs - and I don't mind that.

Ok lets tell it as it is.

Pep.
Wrong team. Well if you want to go through it is. Bad enough to start without sterling Kevin and otta but to remove sane and then dave was madness. Factor in bravo should e called upon and we were fucked. You rotate players to keep them fresh , maybe a desreved rest. Well Edison never has owt to do, doesnt need a rest ffs. These frindge players are exactly that. Not good enough for a starting place. Why now are they?

Nothing wrong with the starting lineup. It was a strong side that had more than enough to beat a league 1 side.

I didn't agree with Sane coming off as he was the only guy on the pitch with pace and we've struggled in games without him and Sterling but I understand Peps decision. He's just coming back from injury, he was never going to last 90 and would have had to come off a some point which would have meant zero options on the bench later on other than a 17 year old so it made sense in trusting those players on the pitch.

Similarly with Silva, he wasn't going to last 90 and then be 100% for the weekend. The issue was lack of options which stems back to not bringing in somebody in January.

As for Bravo, I guess some people just hate him for no reason, the guy didn't do anything wrong. To save that goal would have taken something unbelievable, if you're going to shit on him for not making a world class save then you may as well shit on KDB for not scoring from his own half with every touch he had once he came on.

Against big packed defences like that we need another option, a powerful forward who can unsettle the defenders and make some space, plus provide an aerial threat. Pep will never sign one but you felt we could have played all night and not scored and so it proved.

Delph s challenge was stupid with seconds to go to half time but not a red for me. Why did rag Taylor start to write up the yellow then pull out the red?

From what I can see of the Aguero incident the fan throws a punch at him and Aguero goes after him which is understandable. Once their fan's piled on we should have got off the pitch as quickly as possible and their stewards or police should have been looking out for the player's safety.

Wigan were cynical and defended well and got lucky, shit happens. Stones needs to get rid when a player is harassing him for the ball.because he is too weak and easily outfought. At eighty minutes and dominating the game no way should one forward on his own be able to score from there, we keep him contained and take the draw.

I said on an earlier post it had that feeling about it from about ten minutes in, sometimes you just feel it, like an awful sixth sense and the longer the game went the stronger the feeling grew.

I hate Wigan and their shitty fan's. I can't believe I was pleased for them when they won the FA cup they are horrible bastards. Southampton will probably turn up here and roll them over about 3-0, here's hoping!
I was one of the fans at Wembley who actually applauded Wigan up the steps. No such sentiment tonight.

Wigan dealt with the situation appallingly

Several thousand of their fans allowed to get within feet of the city fans goading them for a good 10 minutes, without anything being done to stop it. Whilst the tannoy blasted out wonderwall and the will Griggs song which just inflamed the whole situation

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.