Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves @ Las Vegas

Announced today that Wigan and Warrington will play a Super League game in Las Vegas in March.

I suspect a good deal of Premier League clubs will be watching closely, ready to pounce.... maybe even Wrexham.
Every time I fly to San Diego I get a Wrexham branded toiletries bag on United airlines. They go like hot cakes on eBay

I can accept with respect a minor sport with limited funds doing a bit of soul selling for a chunk of money, especially as I never watch RL in person and rarely on TV.

This is another step though to Prem footie ending up playing live games over there.

I can accept with respect a minor sport with limited funds doing a bit of soul selling for a chunk of money, especially as I never watch RL in person and rarely on TV.

This is another step though to Prem footie ending up playing live games over there.
I think it will happen. May not be soon, but i think it will at some point in the next 10 years

When interviewed the Warrington CEO was asked about the implications for the bread and butter fans getting to Vegas the cheeky twat said well as it stands flights are only £500 at the moment no mention of accommodation and having the audacity to eat and drink anything. If RL a sport that’s been on its arse for a while thinks it can just bypass it’s core support of course football will follow suit.

The clamour against PL games being played in the USA would be even greater than the clamour against the Super League.
The only game that could be shifted would be the Community Shield and the equivalent tournament in other European countries has already been hawked out to foreign cities. The Euro Super Cup is unlikely to be moved as UEFA can choose the venue as a sop to nations unlikely to stage the CL final.

Concentrate on the M62 corridor that you have in the bag instead of constantly hawking your game to Canada, Russia, Spain, London and everywhere else that simply aren’t interested.
I agree with you, Wigan and Warrington have done this in the past, played in Chicago or Green Bay ?
Also sure the Aussies took State of Origin to the states and if that cn't stir the Yanks up nothing will ;-)

I'm in Wigan and the Warriors supporters in my local (which is basically the entire pub) thought this was a great idea. An excuse to go to Vegas

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.