Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves @ Las Vegas

These two met recently in the challenge cup final at Wembley, the ground was barely 2/3 full, the game doesn't draw the fans in this country, its core support is the M62 corrider, be lucky if a thousand from each club travel to Vegas, rugby league just doesn't have the global appeal.

They'll be 30-40,000 turning up don't underestimate the pull of 26 players trying to smash shit out of each without padding

They'll be 30-40,000 turning up don't underestimate the pull of 26 players trying to smash shit out of each without padding

I admire your optimism but not a chance they'll be anywhere near 30 to 40 thousand there, rugby league is a very poorly supported sport.

Not really sure this is anything more than a little jolly to Vegas for the RFL.

Does anybody in America even know rugby league exists, apart from ex pats?

I just had a quick Google and saw that they do have a competition of sorts over there.

The current champions are ‘Santa Rosa Dead Pelicans’ and they play their home games at ‘For Pete’s Sake Field’

Not really sure this is anything more than a little jolly to Vegas for the RFL.

Does anybody in America even know rugby league exists, apart from ex pats?

I just had a quick Google and saw that they do have a competition of sorts over there.

The current champions are ‘Santa Rosa Dead Pelicans’ and they play their home games at ‘For Pete’s Sake Field’
Are their fans as sick as pelicans when they lose?

There was close to 50,000 in Vegas watching two Aussie teams a few months ago which had positive feedback from the American audience.

I doubt the English teams on their own would have the same draw, but this game is also going to accompanied by NRL games as well, so who knows.

Wigan Warriors are the current world champions and quite a draw for the tv companies tbf

Wigan Warriors are the current world champions and quite a draw for the tv companies tbf
I'm just surprised about the venue.
Why not NY or other big city on the East Coast where millions of people live within an hour of the stadium?
There is a reason why City have played in the US many times and have not played in Vegas.
Maybe many will watch on TV but will look shit if the stadium is half empty or less

This is just the warm up game, kicking off in the morning, before two big NRL games which will bring in the fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.