Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves @ Las Vegas

These two met recently in the challenge cup final at Wembley, the ground was barely 2/3 full, the game doesn't draw the fans in this country, its core support is the M62 corrider, be lucky if a thousand from each club travel to Vegas, rugby league just doesn't have the global appeal.

The day it does will be the day football finally climbs up its own arsehole and dies for me.
That really would be the final straw
The thing that gets me - when I was involved in the FSA campaign against Game 39 - is a few years later a few of those involved would go and watch an NFL game at Wembley and think it was brilliant. But mention to them about a football game.played in America and they are reaching for the pitchforks and marching down the streets. We can't have it both ways.

The thing that gets me - when I was involved in the FSA campaign against Game 39 - is a few years later a few of those involved would go and watch an NFL game at Wembley and think it was brilliant. But mention to them about a football game.played in America and they are reaching for the pitchforks and marching down the streets. We can't have it both ways.
American football isn't the same as football though really is it.
Yanks would watch anything and expect games to be played on other countries for money

American football isn't the same as football though really is it.
Yanks would watch anything and expect games to be played on other countries for money
The armchair fans couldn't give a toss - but what about the season ticket holders at the games? Are they getting a refund or paying less? They only have 9 home games in the regular season as it is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.