Wigan - what a f***ing joke...

I loved wigan when edwards, gregory and hanley played for them, always went to wembly and won the league top team!! So whats Wigan got to do with football

The company that I work for had a depot in Wigan and I had the misfortune be based there 2001-08 and can only say the place is fookin strange. As a whole the the staff who lived on the outskirts, Orrel, Satndish and sutch like with either rags or bindippers. But the more central to Wigan, you just could not make out who they supported from one day to next. It all seemed to depend the on fixture list and who had won.

If City got beat by wigan...All Wigan fans

If City beat Wigan...all either rugby fans or rags/bindippers/Arse/Spuds

If City beat Rags....Wigan fans

One lad who sticks out in my mind sent me a text "sithe bommy nite" when we drew Wigan in Cup game to be played 5th Nov. Had'nt a clue what it meant till I read it a few times. This same lad was an Arse fan, tattoo on his back the lot. Wigan then get in Prem and I kid you all not....turns up the following week with the Wigan Crest tattoed on the other shoulder blade, fuckin wankers the lot of them!!!! Alextrueblue remember jonny kak?

I forgot Dean Bell hard as F*** did any one see the documentry on the team? Playing widnes he gets his head split open and they show dr Zamm stitch his head up and he plays the second half. Hey ho true but soon I can have my own threads and talk about our city!

big gaz said:
I forgot Dean Bell hard as F*** did any one see the documentry on the team? Playing widnes he gets his head split open and they show dr Zamm stitch his head up and he plays the second half. Hey ho true but soon I can have my own threads and talk about our city!

Yup, I am pretty sure I was at that match but after all these years they all melt into one. I remember the documentary too though. Dean Bell was a legend. And what about Frano Botica, kicking machine or what?

Any none Rugby League fans lost the will to live yet?

big gaz said:
I loved wigan when edwards, gregory and hanley played for them, always went to wembly and won the league top team!! So whats Wigan got to do with football

Doesn't that statement make you the rugby league equivalent of a glory hunter, much akin to the rags fans?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.