Wildlife

Cats are the biggest kilkers of birds.all year round.

I saw a stranded fledging magpie 2weeks ago while out for a run.
An adult was watching out for it.so I moved on.
By the time I had turned back round to look mins later there was a Carrion Crown quartering the ground above the fledgling and several jackdaws were arriving to investigate proceedings...as they do.1st one,then 2 and more as they back each other up unfalteringly

Must have been traumatic for baby magpie...the other side of the coin for these bird killers.

It's rare to see Carrion Crows fly in this fashion, (ie like a Hen Harrier,) but their Ariel dexterity is incredible ,has amazed me over the years.
We have a family of crows who we almost have as pets. We feed them our leftovers. Now they come to the window when they see us eat, begging for food. They are very intelligent creatures and have been visiting for 3-4 years. Each one is recognisable: one only uses one leg, another has white marks all over it.

I was in the Bedgelert forest last year & watched a little dipper searching for insects in a stream for ages, a beautiful & memorable moment, & then I thought to myself how can one of the worlds most beautiful little creatures have the same name as one of one of the worlds most despised set of football fans?

You know i have foxes and badgers , baby badgers are here ! Two little ones eating a couple of feet from the window , scared when i call them but the adults drag them along , who knew you could call and badgers and foxes come running , it is brill

Merlin likes squirrels , RIP two so far

This little egret (I think) on river Wandle looking for breakfast. This is about 30 secs from our front door and is also a view out our living room window. I took photo on my way back from walk before work.

Attachments

• Compress_20220701_080741_1196.jpg
    Compress_20220701_080741_1196.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 27
Stayed in London recently on Old St, not too far from the tube station. There was a bit of greenery around the flat we stayed in, was amazed both evenings to see a fox and then a fox and her cub sat there, cool as you like.

Looking to buy a wildlife camera for the garden, anybody got one or able to make recommendations?

Been watching a bird carrying twigs all week to the bush on our driveway. Tough little fucker he/she is, nearly ran itover twice. Fascinates me how this little thing is building a home ready for their offspring to be born into the world.

Reactions: ob
Stayed in London recently on Old St, not too far from the tube station. There was a bit of greenery around the flat we stayed in, was amazed both evenings to see a fox and then a fox and her cub sat there, cool as you like.

Looking to buy a wildlife camera for the garden, anybody got one or able to make recommendations?
I am looking to buy night vision binoculars ( I know they are not really binoculars more single lens) If anybody has reccomendations please post. I suppose thermal imagining are better but their cost is much more.

Cycle to work for about 2 miles round the Leeds/ Liverpool canal, quite rural, over the years i have regularly seen, roe deer, fox, mink, stoats, weasels,, buzzards, barn, tawny and little owls. peregrine falcon, sparrowhawk, squirrels, rats, voles, rabbits, birds to numerous to mention. No doubt in my mind the environment has improved over the last couple of decades. My favourite animal to see in the wild are stoats, once saw one kill a rat, amazing predators. Further afield from the urban areas of the North West,i have been lucky enough to see the golden eagles of the lake district a few times. Sadly not with us now, i believe, hopefully some of their off spring may return.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.