Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
hgblue said:
St Ives blue said:
I don't see the point in signing Bony.
We need a striker now, not end of Jan when he's back from the African Nations. Apart from which I don't think he's good enough for our first team and not sure he'd be happy sitting on the bench.
I haven't read the rest of this thread, so maybe someone could enlighten me.

No problem, you're wrong.

Which part exactly?

cleavers said:
Is Bony really a top of world football signing ? I don't see it personally, yes he scores goals, yes he's a good player, yes we need a striker, yes he's a big forward that can hold up the ball, but does anyone seriously see any of the other top 4 or 5 european teams signing him ?

The biggest downside is he's going to be regularly missing in a busy month of the season.

I'm going to assume that he's being brought in to replace Dzeko in the summer, I don't have an issue with that, is he better ? We'll have to wait and see, but it would still leave us requiring 2 more strikers, as Jovetic isn't one whether he stays or not, he can fulfil the role if required, and is a good finisher, but he can be used better elsewhere for me, such as back up for Nasri, something we've never had the chance to do, as either we've had no strikers, or he's not been fit.

The fee mentioned is also a lot of money for someone who come August possibly wouldn't be first choice, I think its a gamble at best, borne out the fact we didn't replace Negredo in the summer, and have had an injury crisis up front at a bad time.

I don't think you could be any more wrong, just wait and see.

Out of interest, which forward do you think we should go for?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I will really look forward to Bony playing bodyguard to Aguero.

So many teams have started to take liberties with him and Silva.

No more.

Not sure how this is supposed to work. Why would teams foul Aguero and Silva less just because we have a strong player up front with them? What's he going to do - threaten them? Foul them in retaliation?

If you're talking about them all going out to a nightclub together, I can see your point.

Manchester_lalala said:
Ducado said:
It's nice to see our chums over at RAWK are taking it well, it's their famous sense of humour don't you know

How the fuck are the c*nt's buying anyone? Have one of their subsidiary companies bought the rights to the club microwave for £££££££££££££££££££££? Cheating scum.

More at

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=274792.11040" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... 4792.11040</a>

PMSL, city inflating transfer fees. Fuck me, that is funny.

Andy Carroll. 35, thirsty five, Andy Carroll THIRTY FIVE MILLION. Forgot all there signings this summer where free.

Exactly, Andy fucking Carroll worth one and a half Davis Silvas or Yaya Toures, pmsfl

Rammy Blue said:
malg said:
yeah whatever !! said:
Rags pissed
Dippers pissed
Everyone else pissed
City Happy.

that'll do.
Why are the Rags pissed off? I don't think they could fit another forward in their squad.
Pissed off that we are getting him....

They still harbour delusions of catching us in the league.

St Ives blue said:
I don't see the point in signing Bony.
We need a striker now, not end of Jan when he's back from the African Nations. Apart from which I don't think he's good enough for our first team and not sure he'd be happy sitting on the bench.
I haven't read the rest of this thread, so maybe someone could enlighten me.

Enlightenment comes from within, you're basically in a very dark place

In other words, if you have to ask then there's no hope skippy!!!!!

Rammy Blue said:
cleavers said:
Is Bony really a top of world football signing ? I don't see it personally, yes he scores goals, yes he's a good player, yes we need a striker, yes he's a big forward that can hold up the ball, but does anyone seriously see any of the other top 4 or 5 european teams signing him ?

The biggest downside is he's going to be regularly missing in a busy month of the season.

I'm going to assume that he's being brought in to replace Dzeko in the summer, I don't have an issue with that, is he better ? We'll have to wait and see, but it would still leave us requiring 2 more strikers, as Jovetic isn't one whether he stays or not, he can fulfil the role if required, and is a good finisher, but he can be used better elsewhere for me, such as back up for Nasri, something we've never had the chance to do, as either we've had no strikers, or he's not been fit.

The fee mentioned is also a lot of money for someone who come August possibly wouldn't be first choice, I think its a gamble at best, borne out the fact we didn't replace Negredo in the summer, and have had an injury crisis up front at a bad time.

I don't think you could be any more wrong, just wait and see.
Thanks, you think I'm wrong, I've put some reasons why I'm not keen, and I haven't mentioned that he won't be available this season for as much as six weeks from now either, and its unlikely we would be able to include him in the CL squad without leaving someone else out, who would you leave out ?

We're aiming at being a dominant force in Europe, I just don't see how Bony, good player that he is, fits into that aim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.