Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
mancity1 said:
Little doubt if we bought him in he would go ahead of Dzeko and Jovetic in the pecking order.

At least one of Dzeko and Jovetic will leave us in the summer.

Why?

Negredo is leaving, Bony (if it goes through) will be his replacement.

The thing with Jovetic I think is that you'd probably want Silva/Nasri and even Navas and Milner ahead of him as AMs. And you'd want Aguero, Dzeko and Bony ahead of him as out and out strikers.

I am wondering if the club would rather bring Lopes back as cover for the 10/wide left position. He pretty much projects into the same roles that Jovetic can fill.

Jovetic might be an expensive luxury at this point. Plus he will have interest from several Italian clubs. Could get some decent money back for him.

Well overpriced IMO. 15 mill tops. The club needs to start looking for young talent like Barkley or Draxler. If were not careful the Rags, Chelsea, Liverpool will cherry pick the best youngsters and well be left paying over odds for older players.

My mate just called me and said we've signed him, can't see it anywhere. hHas the **** just woke me up for nothing?

citymad said:
Well overpriced IMO. 15 mill tops. The club needs to start looking for young talent like Barkley or Draxler. If were not careful the Rags, Chelsea, Liverpool will cherry pick the best youngsters and well be left paying over odds for older players.

yep Barkley who's done what since the QPR game and who's being priced in the range of 45-60M?

Rösler von Stretfordbömber said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
mancity1 said:
Little doubt if we bought him in he would go ahead of Dzeko and Jovetic in the pecking order.

At least one of Dzeko and Jovetic will leave us in the summer.

Why?

Negredo is leaving, Bony (if it goes through) will be his replacement.

The thing with Jovetic I think is that you'd probably want Silva/Nasri and even Navas and Milner ahead of him as AMs. And you'd want Aguero, Dzeko and Bony ahead of him as out and out strikers.

I am wondering if the club would rather bring Lopes back as cover for the 10/wide left position. He pretty much projects into the same roles that Jovetic can fill.

Jovetic might be an expensive luxury at this point. Plus he will have interest from several Italian clubs. Could get some decent money back for him.

yep I think if he leaves we'll fill the 5th attacking midfielder spot with a HG option - most likely Lopes or Pozo

citymad said:

£15m for Bony wouldn't happen now that he's a proven striker in a top league. You're thinking of a transfer market from some years ago, not now. Clubs make more money through record revenues so £15m doesn't mean now what £15m meant a few years ago. You simply will not get a striker with a profile like Bony's for £15m unless the club messes up and inserts a cheap release clause. Swansea paid £12m in the first place for him before he became one of the top scorers in the Premier League. Ross McCormack went from Leeds to Fulham in the Championship in a deal worth up to £11m.

You might get a younger player or someone emerging for £15m but not someone who has consistently scored many goals over a number of years. United just spent £16m+ on a package for Falcao on loan.

Secondly, he turned 26 less than a month ago, so he is young. He's not really really young, but should have at least 6 prime years left and is over 3 years younger than the man he is replacing (Negredo) so we're effectively lowering the average squad age. You'll struggle to get the best young players mid-season, they are more likely next summer. Our striker ages now are 26, 26, 25 and 28 or will be if Bony signs.

well mates, I have come to a grave realization. we have some wonky thinkers here on blue moon

bony is proven striker in the league and will score often. And I feel like he'll compliment Aguero perfectly because of what I have seen of him at Swansea

Mcfchamps said:
well mates, I have come to a grave realization. we have some wonky thinkers here on blue moon

bony is proven striker in the league and will score often. And I feel like he'll compliment Aguero perfectly because of what I have seen of him at Swansea

We need to improve our ranks with premiership players who will take us that little bit further in the pecking order.

Bony is an upgrade on Dzeko in my opinion and while I think Dzeko will leave in the summer and be replaced by a striker who will improve us even further I have no qualms with Kun , Bony , Dzeko and Jovetic to spearhead our 2015-2016 campaign.

Manchester_lalala said:
uwe_returns said:
waspish said:
Stop saying he's not worth this amount or that amount it's not your fucking MONEY!!

Value is pretty important due to ffp. If we can't bid on a Reus or a Player of that calibre down the road because we've spunked dough on bony then it matters.

I'm not disputing bony is good. He just isn't good enough to justify that fee. Can find plenty of players that standard for a lot less. Strategically poor.

Who is available for 30 million then? I'm pretty sure the club will have there targets for the summer, to many are worried this will prevent us from signing other players. This our negredo replacement, remember that.

Don't know why Reus keeps coming up, Injury prone in the Bundesliga and u want him in a more physically demanding league ffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.