Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
The only downside as mentioned before is we go to a permanent 4-4-2 system, doesn't help us too much in the big European games.

Atletico Madrid won La Liga and got to the Champions League final by playing 4-4-2.

All depends if one of the strikers is able and willing to drop into midfield when not in possession. Then it can work.

kippaxblue76 said:
Ray78 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
The only downside as mentioned before is we go to a permanent 4-4-2 system, doesn't help us too much in the big European games.

Atletico Madrid won La Liga and got to the Champions League final by playing 4-4-2.

All depends if one of the strikers is able and willing to drop into midfield when not in possession. Then it can work.

Agreed,

Ray78 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

Their players have a far more consistent work ethic than some of ours do, and the strikers worked immensely hard to help the midfield (Garcia for example).

kippaxblue76 said:
Ray78 said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

I don't see Aguero doing this too much although he's doing it a fair bit more than last season. No issue with that though, he's at his best when he's up there near the box. Dzeko and Jovetic don't when in the striker role. Maybe Bony will do this, although I think he's also in the same boat as aguero.

Last season, on the limited TV exposure I had, I thought this guy was just a typical big number 9 with a good goal record in a team that played to his strengths.
This year, for no apparent reason other than a Swansea fan mate who was raving about him, I've watched a fair bit of himon TV and kept a particular eye on him at our place
I under-rated him, just as I under-rated Negredo when he first arrived.
Apart from his physical attributes and goalscoring record, he is actually a very clever, crafty and streetwise player.
His movement off the ball and his awareness of team-mates around him is absolutely top grade. Unlike, say, Jovetic, who is a £25m Huckerby and seems hell-bent of giving the ball away every time he gets it.
And despite not being the tallest, he is better in the air and 10x more aggressive than Edin, who has all the attributes but seems strangely weak and almost apologetic at times given his size and his tough upbringing.
This guy is not only very, very good, he knows it as well. He plays with a certain swagger while somehow also managing to be the ultimate team player.
Anyone who thinks this fella won't improve us is mistaken imo

LongsightM13 said:
Last season, on the limited TV exposure I had, I thought this guy was just a typical big number 9 with a good goal record in a team that played to his strengths.
This year, for no apparent reason other than a Swansea fan mate who was raving about him, I've watched a fair bit of himon TV and kept a particular eye on him at our place
I under-rated him, just as I under-rated Negredo when he first arrived.
Apart from his physical attributes and goalscoring record, he is actually a very clever, crafty and streetwise player.
His movement off the ball and his awareness of team-mates around him is absolutely top grade. Unlike, say, Jovetic, who is a £25m Huckerby and seems hell-bent of giving the ball away every time he gets it.
And despite not being the tallest, he is better in the air and 10x more aggressive than Edin, who has all the attributes but seems strangely weak and almost apologetic at times given his size and his tough upbringing.
This guy is not only very, very good, he knows it as well. He plays with a certain swagger while somehow also managing to be the ultimate team player.
Anyone who thinks this fella won't improve us is mistaken imo

Agreed. I've also been very impressed with him when I've seen him, made a comment much earlier in his thread along the lines of 'go fucking get him'...happy to see it looks like we are very much trying.

kippaxblue76 said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
We are currently desperate for strikers. In a month we won't be. Signing Bony now for £30 million when we let Negredo go for around £20m is a Swales-esque piece of financial mismanagement.

I hope we don't sign Bony as I really don't think we will need him when he gets back from ACON.

So you don't think he offers anything different to Aguero or Dzeko ?

Negredo wanted out and to get £25m for a near 30 year old is good business.

This is a spot on. Its January, we are top of the table and still in the CL. We got rid of a player that would only have been available from November on who didn't want to be here and is old. In his place is a younger better replacement for the same price. Good business indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.