Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
LongsightM13 said:
Last season, on the limited TV exposure I had, I thought this guy was just a typical big number 9 with a good goal record in a team that played to his strengths.
This year, for no apparent reason other than a Swansea fan mate who was raving about him, I've watched a fair bit of himon TV and kept a particular eye on him at our place
I under-rated him, just as I under-rated Negredo when he first arrived.
Apart from his physical attributes and goalscoring record, he is actually a very clever, crafty and streetwise player.
His movement off the ball and his awareness of team-mates around him is absolutely top grade. Unlike, say, Jovetic, who is a £25m Huckerby and seems hell-bent of giving the ball away every time he gets it.
And despite not being the tallest, he is better in the air and 10x more aggressive than Edin, who has all the attributes but seems strangely weak and almost apologetic at times given his size and his tough upbringing.
This guy is not only very, very good, he knows it as well. He plays with a certain swagger while somehow also managing to be the ultimate team player.
Anyone who thinks this fella won't improve us is mistaken imo
Quality analysis, mate. He'll bring a new dimension to our play for the rest of the season.

Little doubt if we bought him in he would go ahead of Dzeko and Jovetic in the pecking order.

At least one of Dzeko and Jovetic will leave us in the summer.

mancity1 said:
Little doubt if we bought him in he would go ahead of Dzeko and Jovetic in the pecking order.

I hope neither does. He's more of a Negredo replacement. Dzeko saved our ass for a large part of last season, I think we should wait and see if he's still got it when fit.

And I wouldn't give up Jovetic yet. I think Jovetic is still useful when played in a deeper position or on the left wing. Some people said he's more of a number 10, not sure if that's how I would label him but he's able to step into other roles when not injured.

mancity1 said:

Didn't we just go through a month without a striker because all of our 3 strikers injured? People are forgetting that already lol.

And we always talk about how Dzeko is going to leave but he always stay lol.

At least there'll be less of this;

[bigimg]http://giant.gfycat.com/HighlevelShockedArcticseal.gif[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://giant.gfycat.com/GrossNimbleCockatoo.gif[/bigimg]

And a lot more of this;

[bigimg]http://i.minus.com/ibuBdeDWJQ47XA.gif[/bigimg]

[bigimg]http://worldsoccertalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/wilfried-bony-goal-united.gif[/bigimg]

This would be a great signing. Still undecided how the AFCON might affect him; call me selfish but I hope his national team crashes out the competition soon. Bony + Aguero upfront would be brilliant.

Good signing, top goal scorer last year so knows where the net is... it gives us that often talked about 4th striker... also gives us a different option for some games

I see him as a long term investment, I think we are past the stage of throwing money for a short term fix, we will be back to a full complement of strikers just in time for the beginning of the title run in when every goal could be vital.

just had an idea, is it possible we don't register him ( or another striker) for the CL, have them mainly as a league striker and then a FA Cup striker to help when the others need resting after playing CL games... could help if we want to fight on all 3 fronts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.