Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should not break FFP restrictions to buy Bony.

Even with the possible sales of Nastasic and Sinclair, if Swansea want a ridiculous £ 30 million we should walk away and not risk more sanctions from Ueafa. If we can get him for £ 20 million and with any sales ensure we stay within our FFP limits, then fine. We do not want to give the snipers more ammunition. We have already made a PR gaffe over the Lampard and NYCFC issue we do not want to create more rods for our own backs. I thought the club now wanted a more positive, calmer, straight forward approach to how they operate. i.e. do thinks in the right way to minimise any bad publicity.

Also if we buy Bony then when he eventually plays for us (mid Feb onwards) and Aguero is fit also, does that mean we will now again play 2 up front in a 4-4-2 when at times i.e. in Europe, a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 seems better ? Also who will be left out of the Champions Laegue squad of 21 to allow Bony a place in that ?

Also as we have Dzeko and Jovetic, how will they fit in to the team\squad? I do not think we need 4 strikers, 3 is sufficient. Yes we have been unlucky that all 3 have been injuredm but normally 3 is sufficient with the option of playing 2 up front and 1 as back up for either, or just playing 1 up front at times and having the other 2 on the bench. If Jovetic is not a striker why did we buy him, we already have Silva, Nasri in particular and also Navas , Milner and Toure who can can all play as high up midfield players supporting a striker.

Surely if we do get Bony one of Jovetic or Dzeko will need to be sold in the summer.

Bony is a good player but we should not be forced to overpay and break FFP rules.

kupest said:
At this stage the club only needs to fill a few holes (Striker, CM, LB, Winger). Get these 4 players and we might not be needing anyone for another 2-3 years. Don't mind overpaying to get these 4 spots filled up.

On an unrelated note, do we think this is done and dusted?

Sky saying that we're close to agreeing personal terms.

Must admit I expected a protracted saga ending on deadline day. Didnt think that Swansea would be in any hurry to spend the fee and would drag it out as long as possible.

City1974 said:
We should not break FFP restrictions to buy Bony.

Even with the possible sales of Nastasic and Sinclair, if Swansea want a ridiculous £ 30 million we should walk away and not risk more sanctions from Ueafa. If we can get him for £ 20 million and with any sales ensure we stay within our FFP limits, then fine. We do not want to give the snipers more ammunition. We have already made a PR gaffe over the Lampard and NYCFC issue we do not want to create more rods for our own backs. I thought the club now wanted a more positive, calmer, straight forward approach to how they operate. i.e. do thinks in the right way to minimise any bad publicity.

Also if we buy Bony then when he eventually plays for us (mid Feb onwards) and Aguero is fit also, does that mean we will now again play 2 up front in a 4-4-2 when at times i.e. in Europe, a 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 seems better ? Also who will be left out of the Champions Laegue squad of 21 to allow Bony a place in that ?

Also as we have Dzeko and Jovetic, how will they fit in to the team\squad? I do not think we need 4 strikers, 3 is sufficient. Yes we have been unlucky that all 3 have been injuredm but normally 3 is sufficient with the option of playing 2 up front and 1 as back up for either, or just playing 1 up front at times and having the other 2 on the bench. If Jovetic is not a striker why did we buy him, we already have Silva, Nasri in particular and also Navas , Milner and Toure who can can all play as high up midfield players supporting a striker.

Surely if we do get Bony one of Jovetic or Dzeko will need to be sold in the summer.

Bony is a good player but we should not be forced to overpay and break FFP rules.

I read somewhere that City want to spread the payments out to get round this issue....wouldn't surprise me if its 20mil now and the rest in down payments during next summer......Not sure how that works against the FFP rules but would make a lot of sense...

Swansea probably happy to deal as they feel they owe us for the Scott Sinclair deal.......

Also, I can't see a problem with having more strikers available. Don't get the moaning, he is different, and there would be more moaning if we didn't sign anyone and lost league by 2 points in a nil nil somewhere. I'd sooner have him and not need him than not have him and need him

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
Excuse me everyone but the glaringly obvious question about him has not been asked yet I'm sure.......

Can anyone hazard a guess what it is?

Should we call him Fred, since we already have Willy?

Does he like Cake? L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.