Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
mansour's tow ropes said:
Good signing, I'm impressed with his attitude and personality as well from what I've been reading about him. Aguero, Dzeko, Bony, 3 proper strikers, allowing Jovetic to be sold to release hopefully £20million back into the accounts either this month or in the summer.
I concede football is mostly about opinions, but no way would I sell Jovetic in any respect and if a striker had to make way it’d be Dzeko.

We need proper footballers, players who can control the ball and have the movement and intelligence to contribute to our general build up play. Aguero, Jovetic and Bony (if we sign him) will give us that, Dzeko doesn't/won't. He's proved himself in the box as a good goal scorer, but against teams who play 10 in defence like Sunderland did we need players who can drop deep and interchange with attacking midfielders and full backs to pull defences apart.

I'm sorry, but imo Dzeko just doesn't suit our style of play or formation, Bony on the other hand would/will.

Dribble said:
Good signing, I'm impressed with his attitude and personality as well from what I've been reading about him. Aguero, Dzeko, Bony, 3 proper strikers, allowing Jovetic to be sold to release hopefully £20million back into the accounts either this month or in the summer.
I concede football is mostly about opinions, but no way would I sell Jovetic in any respect and if a striker had to make way it’d be Dzeko.

We need proper footballers, players who can control the ball and have the movement and intelligence to contribute to our general build up play. Aguero, Jovetic and Bony (if we sign him) will give us that, Dzeko doesn't/won't. He's proved himself in the box as a good goal scorer, but against teams who play 10 in defence like Sunderland did we need players who can drop deep and interchange with attacking midfielders and full backs to pull defences apart.

I'm sorry, but imo Dzeko just doesn't suit our style of play or formation, Bony on the other hand would/will.
Agree with this.

trotsky said:
I'm worried about his "attitude and personality" , daft as it sounds, because of those blue sparkly shoes and the rest of his outfit. It suggests a 'me, me' attitude that I thought we'd eliminated with Balotelli. Hope I'm wrong , and the lad won a bet for charity with his ridiculous clobber.
WTF......

Wio Gumflapdinand said:
Not sure about this signing, maybe if we are selling Dzeko I can see the logic behind....but I'm not convinced Bony really has the attributes to be play at the highest of levels. He's a focal point of Swanseas attack and this suits his style, not sure we will play to his strengths as much. Also going by our previous transfer dealings over last two seasons I won't hold by breath to see if this comes good. Have a feeling could be more vital cash spunked up the wall by the spaniard, hope I'm wrong.

Well you're a bundle of fun Wio.

MeatHunterrr said:
Dribble said:

Agree with this.

I completely disagree...yes sometimes Dzeko has the touch of a carthorse but his goalscoring record is unquestionable

If I had to keep one out of him and Jovetic it would be Edin all day

Jovetic flatters to deceive a lot of the time...yes he likes a dribble...yes he likes a shot...but 9 times out of 10 nothing comes of it

I like him...but he is no out and out goalscorer...Edin is...his record speaks for itself

Aguero, Bony and Edin would be a great mixture

Dribble said:
trotsky said:
I'm worried about his "attitude and personality" , daft as it sounds, because of those blue sparkly shoes and the rest of his outfit. It suggests a 'me, me' attitude that I thought we'd eliminated with Balotelli. Hope I'm wrong , and the lad won a bet for charity with his ridiculous clobber.
WTF......

Oh for f

Dribble said:

You would keep Jovetic over Dzeko? Your username is appropriate.

oakiecokie said:
Bony, therefore, will become the club’s 11th centre forward signed at a combined cost of about £275m since the takeover of August 2008.

Proof, perhaps, that the more some things change, the more they stay the same

Read more: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2900906/Wilfried-Bony-sees-Manchester-City-throw-caution-wind-look-splash-30m-Swansea-City-forward.html#ixzz3ODmQWyax" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z3ODmQWyax</a>
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Not a bad article overall and quite strange this coming from The Mail.

Anyone know who the 11 are then?

Where exactly does the £30mil figure come from anyway?
Right form the beginning, this is the fee mentioned in various media outlets. Sky even writes 'agent confirms £30mil transfer will happen in a couple of days', yet there is no mention of any fee during that conversation what so ever.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Dribble said:

Agree with this.

I completely disagree...yes sometimes Dzeko has the touch of a carthorse but his goalscoring record is unquestionable

If I had to keep one out of him and Jovetic it would be Edin all day

Jovetic flatters to deceive a lot of the time...yes he likes a dribble...yes he likes a shot...but 9 times out of 10 nothing comes of it

I like him...but he is no out and out goalscorer...Edin is...his record speaks for itself

Aguero, Bony and Edin would be a great mixture
Jovetic is younger, has still not hit his peak and has skill to burn (even if sometimes it doesn't come off). The only issue I see with Jovetic is his injury record, but as he said himself last week his injury record over his career isn't as bad as some make out and he has a very high goal per minutes ratio and that's taking into consideration he's really a No 10.

I really wanted Edin here and I stuck up for him for his first 18 months at City, but even I was forced to concede whilst he was a good goal scorer, he wasn't a top class footballer which in today's game I think forwards need to be both.

Look at Aguero, Suarez, RVP, Rooney, Costa and Falcao they're all proper footballers and good goal scorers and I'd never put Dzeko anywhere near that lot in terms of football skills. Any of thiose player could drop into midfield and do a world class job, but could Dzeko in your opinion?

Bony on the other hand has a better record than Costa and will now hopefully have the opportunity to prove himself at the highest level of European football. I don't yet see Bony in that elite group, but he has the potential and he could definitely play as a skilful midfielder as the other elite players mentioned could if called upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.