Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
mosssideblue said:
Tanzeylee said:
rapidCT said:
Why don t you people read everything before acting smart? For God sake, we are all in the same boat, stop acting like some of you are the only ones who can swim. Why can t we all be polite and discuss football?

Well as a City fan, I do read everything about City so I don't go on to forums and make a fool of myself(well not always) if as u say, you have been on City forums since 2007(good year by the way, doesn't make you look like a glory hunter/rag spy) then you would know this...

Obviously your birth year

Not quite...

MnchstrCityBlues79 said:
What I find a bit curious - and perhaps not so curious to those of you in Europe with greater media coverage - is that I haven't seen any mention of any other club vying for Bony's signature. Usually, and without fail, whenever City is pursuing a player, the media reports other clubs are about to swoop in, or that the target would prefer to go to "X" club. Here, its seems like a one-horse race.

This is slightly concerning. It makes me believe that Swansea's valuation is universally believed to be excessive or that Bony's worth is overestimated.

I am no expert, but I see a potential Dzeko situation playing out. Paying the January window premium and getting a good, serviceable player with occasional world-class plays, but not a player to justify the price tag

I hope I am wrong
I'd suggest that the price we paid for Dzeko has been justified, given his goals and trophies since Jan 11. I would also say he's been a lot better than 'a good, serviceable player'. We may be paying a January premium, but I hope Bony brings us the same kind of return for our money that Dzeko has.

Prestwich_Blue said:
George Hannah said:
aguero93:20 said:
Probably because it was £19m, we didn't have time to do the deal when Alf went, Dzeko doesn't usually get injured and Bony could have had second season syndrome.
You're right it was £19m and it stayed that way until November. This is a signficantly smaller sum than the £25+m we're allegedly paying now.
Alf's obligado loan was a long time in the planning it seems so, whilst accepting your admirable points entirely, I remain puzzled. To me he wasn't in the frame at all then, maybe the Swansea game in November at the Etihad reminded Manuel of Wilf's earlier goals against us and he fell in love.
My theory is that we certainly knew Alf was going but were working up to the last minutes on targets that we couldn't get for whatever reason. We therefore had to let him go without a replacement lined up as we had to think about FFP and the impact the transfer spend/CL squad limit/wage sanction might have had on us.
I agree, Manuel was clearly unhappy going into the season without his two players for every position. Wonder who those other target were?

MnchstrCityBlues79 said:
What I find a bit curious - and perhaps not so curious to those of you in Europe with greater media coverage - is that I haven't seen any mention of any other club vying for Bony's signature. Usually, and without fail, whenever City is pursuing a player, the media reports other clubs are about to swoop in, or that the target would prefer to go to "X" club. Here, its seems like a one-horse race.

This is slightly concerning. It makes me believe that Swansea's valuation is universally believed to be excessive or that Bony's worth is overestimated.

I am no expert, but I see a potential Dzeko situation playing out. Paying the January window premium and getting a good, serviceable player with occasional world-class plays, but not a player to justify the price tag

I hope I am wrong

Buying Dzeko in January, in fact at all, was frankly nothing short of an absolute master stroke. Even the crucial goals he got in the second half of that season were worth his fee alone.

George Hannah said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
George Hannah said:
You're right it was £19m and it stayed that way until November. This is a signficantly smaller sum than the £25+m we're allegedly paying now.
Alf's obligado loan was a long time in the planning it seems so, whilst accepting your admirable points entirely, I remain puzzled. To me he wasn't in the frame at all then, maybe the Swansea game in November at the Etihad reminded Manuel of Wilf's earlier goals against us and he fell in love.
My theory is that we certainly knew Alf was going but were working up to the last minutes on targets that we couldn't get for whatever reason. We therefore had to let him go without a replacement lined up as we had to think about FFP and the impact the transfer spend/CL squad limit/wage sanction might have had on us.
I agree, Manuel was clearly unhappy going into the season without his two players for every position. Wonder who those other target were?

Falcao was apparently nailed on until he got greedy/we had concerns over his knee

FredTilson said:
The final authority on transfers has spoken

Bony’s mega-money switch is expected to be confirmed shortly, and Hoops boss Redknapp believes that the powerful striker will be a terrific addition to the Etihad.

He said: “Clubs can take big gambles in the January transfer window, but signing Bony from Swansea is definitely not one.

“They’re buying a top-class centre-forward, but for those you do have to pay around the £30m mark.”

'errfic.

Tanzeylee said:
mosssideblue said:
Tanzeylee said:
Well as a City fan, I do read everything about City so I don't go on to forums and make a fool of myself(well not always) if as u say, you have been on City forums since 2007(good year by the way, doesn't make you look like a glory hunter/rag spy) then you would know this...

Obviously your birth year

Not quite...

Sorry Tanz, wasn't aimed at you. Twas Rapid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.