Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
LoveCity said:
What is this fixation with "Premier League proven" anyway... when you have a multi-million pound scouting network examining everything down to dietary habits, this should be irrelevant because the adaptability of a player should be established (such as Negredo and Fernandinho). That new boy Chelsea are signing, Kramaric, is costing them about £7m and is supposed to be hot stuff - I wonder if we have our eyes on anyone like this because we already have two very good strikers and while I do rate Bony I'm not as convinced as many that he would be a guaranteed upgrade on Dzeko (which is the only way I'd personally want to see us spend so much on a striker, if he's a definite upgrade on our #2). Heed the old warning that it's much easier to play in a smaller team where defences are more open, every game isn't filled with intense pressure to win. This is why the Mandzukic link excited me more... he's done it at two top clubs in two countries in two high pressure environments, and also in the Champions League with a strike rate similar to Benzema.

He wouldn't be an upgrade on Dzeko.

Having watched Mandzukic extensively I am quite sure he would be at least a 20% upgrade, which can mean quite a lot. They are not as similar as everyone makes out. For one, Mandzukic will press from the front much like Aguero and high pressing is an important part of football now which, despite his improved workrate, Dzeko just can't seem to get to grips with. Mandzukic is also more ruthless in front of goal (Dzeko's strike rate is good but he hasn't been as sharp this season so far) and works hard for the team. His general workrate is better, he won't mope as much, and you'll see him working his arse off with the rest of the Atletico team. I suppose this is an inevitability when you play under two of the most demanding coaches in world football but neither would have used him if he wasn't willing to buy into their philosophy of hard work. It's also interesting that Lewandowski, the supposed upgrade on Mandzukic, is yet to match Mandzukic's goal scoring rate at Bayern. Mandzukic @ Bayern: 48 goals in 88 games, Lewa @ Bayern: 10 goals in 24 games, Mandzukic @ Atletico: 14 goals in 22 games.

Mancini Manus Domini said:
Ray78 said:
LoveCity said:
What is this fixation with "Premier League proven" anyway... when you have a multi-million pound scouting network examining everything down to dietary habits, this should be irrelevant because the adaptability of a player should be established (such as Negredo and Fernandinho). That new boy Chelsea are signing, Kramaric, is costing them about £7m and is supposed to be hot stuff - I wonder if we have our eyes on anyone like this because we already have two very good strikers and while I do rate Bony I'm not as convinced as many that he would be a guaranteed upgrade on Dzeko (which is the only way I'd personally want to see us spend so much on a striker, if he's a definite upgrade on our #2). Heed the old warning that it's much easier to play in a smaller team where defences are more open, every game isn't filled with intense pressure to win. This is why the Mandzukic link excited me more... he's done it at two top clubs in two countries in two high pressure environments, and also in the Champions League with a strike rate similar to Benzema.

Depends if you're playing scrabble or not.

True.

LoveCity said:
Ray78 said:
LoveCity said:

Having watched Mandzukic extensively I am quite sure he would be at least a 20% upgrade, which can mean quite a lot. They are not as similar as everyone makes out. For one, Mandzukic will press from the front much like Aguero and high pressing is an important part of football now which, despite his improved workrate, Dzeko just can't seem to get to grips with. Mandzukic is also more ruthless in front of goal (Dzeko's strike rate is good but he hasn't been as sharp this season so far) and works hard for the team. His general workrate is better, he won't mope as much, and you'll see him working his arse off with the rest of the Atletico team. I suppose this is an inevitability when you play under two of the most demanding coaches in world football but neither would have used him if he wasn't willing to buy into their philosophy of hard work. It's also interesting that Lewandowski, the supposed upgrade on Mandzukic, is yet to match Mandzukic's goal scoring rate at Bayern. Mandzukic @ Bayern: 48 goals in 88 games, Lewa @ Bayern: 10 goals in 24 games, Mandzukic @ Atletico: 14 goals in 22 games.

Dzeko was Bayern's top target ( don't forget we were looking to push out either Balotelli or Dzeko to land the much lamented RvP) but they didn't agree with the club's valuation of our favourite Bosnian and ended up signing the much cheaper option.

Ray78 said:
LoveCity said:
Ray78 said:

Dzeko was Bayern's top target (we was looking to push out one striker to land the much lamented RvP) but didn't agree with our valuation and ended up signing the much cheaper option.

OK, and what relevance does that have on which of the two is better right now? I'm a Dzeko fan and like him but Mandzukic is definitely a better overall player. Take away the goal scoring comparison (which Mandzukic wins anyway over the last few seasons) and Mandzukic does just about everything better. Could you see Dzeko adapting to a Simeone team where they play like he has their families at gunpoint?

LoveCity said:
Ray78 said:
LoveCity said:

Dzeko was Bayern's top target in 2012-13 (we were looking to push out one striker to land the much lamented RvP) but didn't agree with our valuation and ended up signing the much cheaper option.

OK, and what relevance does that have on which of the two is better right now? I'm a Dzeko fan and like him but Mandzukic is definitely a better overall player. Take away the goal scoring comparison (which Mandzukic wins anyway over the last few seasons) and Mandzukic does just about everything better.

The price and it will take Mandzukic a lot longer to get used to our playing style and it will be just as frustrating with Manduzkic as with Dzeko.

Keeping on topic... Chelsea are also apparently interested on Bony. I hope we sign him, I think he could be a revelation. Some rubbish on this thread masquerading as opinion. The one thing this player is not is Shite. You may not think he is a good fit but he is far from Shite.

Ray78 said:
LoveCity said:
Ray78 said:
Dzeko was Bayern's top target (we was looking to push out one striker to land the much lamented RvP) but didn't agree with our valuation and ended up signing the much cheaper option.

OK, and what relevance does that have on which of the two is better right now? I'm a Dzeko fan and like him but Mandzukic is definitely a better overall player. Take away the goal scoring comparison (which Mandzukic wins anyway over the last few seasons) and Mandzukic does just about everything better.

The price and it will take Mandzukic a lot longer to get used to our playing style.

This I don't agree with and which is why I was excited about the link. Mandzukic settled quickly at two big clubs of two different styles to where he had played. And also he had to transition from Heynckes' Bayern to Pep's Bayern which he did with his best season ever. I think Mandzukic would be perfect for the Prem and would love him at City - he is basically everything people scream for Dzeko to be (other than the goals). But I guess with each passing day this link becomes less likely.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bayerncentral.com/2014/12/mandzukic-lewandowski-bayern-lost-something/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bayerncentral.com/2014/12/ma ... something/</a>

But anyway, Bony...

HolisticJim said:
Thenumber1blue said:
MaineRoadBlue said:
£30m for this guy is value based on what else could £30m get you that is proven in our league?

Cups ears and listens......

Silence, as expected!

I can't see why some on hear are struggling with how.much top players cost and believe me Bony in our team will be a top player.
Cons from me,shit touch and like a sluggish Dzeko with a similar work rate.When this guy is shit he is super shit and won't suit our style.I'm fuckin pissin myself at the thought of paying £30 million for him,won't happen and we need to think a lot bigger.

Think if the biggest were thinking is Wilfred Bony then we can kiss goodbye to winning trophies and are accepting that FFP has won.
Correct !

Hart of the matter said:
Keeping on topic... Chelsea are also apparently interested on Bony. I hope we sign him, I think he could be a revelation. Some rubbish on this thread masquerading as opinion. The one thing this player is not is Shite. You may not think he is a good fit but he is far from Shite.

For the right price Bony would be a good choice.

Thenumber1blue said:
HolisticJim said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Cons from me,shit touch and like a sluggish Dzeko with a similar work rate.When this guy is shit he is super shit and won't suit our style.I'm fuckin pissin myself at the thought of paying £30 million for him,won't happen and we need to think a lot bigger.

Think if the biggest were thinking is Wilfred Bony then we can kiss goodbye to winning trophies and are accepting that FFP has won.
Correct !

If he was to replace Kun then definitely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.