Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilfried Bony to Man City talks ongoing amid reports of £27m fee agreed

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/wilfried-bony-man-city-talks-8419885?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+menews+%28Manchester+Evening+News+-+RSS+Feed%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... SS+Feed%29</a>

Manchester City are looking to bring in a fourth striker in January and are close to sealing a deal for the 26-year-old Ivory Coast forward.

Swansea City manager Garry Monk said negotiations are ongoing with Manchester City over the transfer of Wilfried Bony amid reports suggesting a £27m transfer fee has been agreed.

The Blues are looking to bring in a fourth striker in January and are close to sealing a deal for the 26-year-old Ivory Coast forward.

Monk said after Swansea's draw with West Ham on Saturday: "It's still ongoing, the same as the start of the week. I think the two clubs are talking to each other, trying to finalise the matters, so it's still ongoing at this moment and until it's 100 per cent finalised there's nothing else I can really say."

Dutch website Voetbal International are reporting that the fee has been agreed, with negotiations over a four-year contract still ongoing.

Bony played in the Dutch Eredivisie with Vitesse Arnhem from 2011-2013 and they stand to earn money from the deal.

I'm no cynic said:
ColinLee said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
With Milner and Dzeko not even in the squad today....could there be transfer talks going on? If the Swans are not willing to move from the 30mil value on Bony, maybe we do have to move a player to complete the deal? All guess work and rumours but strange to see those 2 not in the team after Pelle saying they were available....
Dzeko is just 1 of 3 coming back from injury (possibly 4 since Jovetic is not long back) and 2 of them are on the bench so I wouldn't read too much into him being missing today.
But what about Milner?

Milner had a slight injury I heard which I hope is true

If he went to the dippers I'd be gutted...

A little off topic sorry

He may see it as a chance to replace Gerrard

Bluemanc100 said:
I'm no cynic said:
ColinLee said:
Dzeko is just 1 of 3 coming back from injury (possibly 4 since Jovetic is not long back) and 2 of them are on the bench so I wouldn't read too much into him being missing today.
But what about Milner?

Milner had a slight injury I heard which I hope is true

If he went to the dippers I'd be gutted...

A little off topic sorry

He may see it as a chance to replace Gerrard

You might be right...The longer talks go on, the more I'm starting to think he would have signed by now if he was staying....Just seems like he's keeping his options open....He's had more game time than ever this season but still not signed the new contract City have been offering....I think he's an important player for this team as he can play a number of positions but something is stopping City/Milner agreeing to that new contract...hope it happens soon....If it isn't going to happen, City need to atleast get some money for him before he leaves on a free.....

Seems like rumours of an agreed deal for Bony could be true....makes sense that Vitesse would know what is happening...

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 27m27 minutes ago
Like VI, De Telegraaf reports the fee as somewhere around £27m with Vitesse owed about 7% of it from Swansea.

City Watch ‏@City_Watch 29m29 minutes ago
De Telegraaf in Holland also reporting fee agreed for Bony. Suggestions the info over there is coming from Vitesse, who are owed a % of fee

Man City Fan Club ‏@BlueMoonFanClub 3m3 minutes ago
According to Fox Sports in Holland, Bony has signed a 4 1/2 yr contract at City with the transfer fee around 36m euros. #MCFC

Considering what Gary Monks just said about talks ongoing and won't say its done till its 100%, I do expect us to be the only team in it and we should wrap this up soon.

Does this mean deal done for Bony?..This is from his old club......

VitesseCFC ‏@VitesseCFC 1m1 minute ago
Bony transfer (around €2.5m) is very welcome with FFP situation. Still necessary to sell players this winter and receive more money.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:

Bony transfer (around €2.5m) is very welcome with FFP situation. Still necessary to sell players this winter and receive more money.

Yup.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:

Its from a fan page not the real twitter account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.