Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm no cynic said:
ColinLee said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
With Milner and Dzeko not even in the squad today....could there be transfer talks going on? If the Swans are not willing to move from the 30mil value on Bony, maybe we do have to move a player to complete the deal? All guess work and rumours but strange to see those 2 not in the team after Pelle saying they were available....
Dzeko is just 1 of 3 coming back from injury (possibly 4 since Jovetic is not long back) and 2 of them are on the bench so I wouldn't read too much into him being missing today.
But what about Milner?

Not worth the risk with two crucial games against Arsenal and Chelsea.

Ray78 said:
I'm no cynic said:
ColinLee said:
Dzeko is just 1 of 3 coming back from injury (possibly 4 since Jovetic is not long back) and 2 of them are on the bench so I wouldn't read too much into him being missing today.
But what about Milner?

We didnt risk him or dzeko today and we dropped points we need to win games to keep on chelseas tail!

Ray78 said:
I'm no cynic said:
ColinLee said:
But what about Milner?

That's a weak excuse. It's 6 days since our last game, it's 8 days to the next one, the next is 6 days later, and the next one 7 days after that. And that's the lot for January. There's plenty of rest time between games. Whatever happened to the argument that players preferred games rather than training?

birchwoodgingerste said:
Ray78 said:
I'm no cynic said:
But what about Milner?

We didnt risk him or dzeko today and we dropped points we need to win games to keep on chelseas tail!

After the poor showing from Jovetic and Dzeko still not fit enough to be on the bench today, its clear we are in need of a striker who is at the top of his game.....a better striker today would have put a few of these chances in the back of the net......

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
Ray78 said:

After the poor showing from Jovetic and Dzeko still not fit enough to be on the bench today, its clear we are in need of a striker who is at the top of his game.....a better striker today would have put a few of these chances in the back of the net......
As I already pointed out (unless you've heard different) there's no way Dzeko would be on the bench alongside Vinny and Aguero. And I thought Jovetic did OK although he can be wasteful.

Milner "apparently" had a slight knock.

i8rags said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
JOGAMIGMOG said:
When Chelsea beat us at the Etihad in what the media labeled the 'Mourinho Masterclass' Hazard basically beat us on his own. His performance, and I said so at the time, was the best performance by an opposition player I have ever seen either at Maine Road or Etihad. He is a joy to watch and I would love him to wear God's chosen colour of blue.

Seriously?

You must have missed the Dortmund game when Gotze or Gundogan played.

Or when Berbatov, single-handedly helped a ten-man Spurs knock us out of the Worthington Cup.

Or even a half-fit Ronaldinho in a half-arsed friendly game showed his class.

Or perhaps the day Henry came to Maine Road and had them 4-0 by half time.

You might also want to consider the standing ovation Zola got at Maine Road.

And I'm not even going to mention Dalglish owning our place for a decade.

Hazard wasn't even the best player on the night, which was a toss up between Cahill or Matic.

All which would have been moot (as proved a couple weeks later) if not forced to play Demichelis is midfield because of an injury to Fernandinho.

Hazard is indeed a key player for them this season, their only get out of jail free card because he can bring the ball 30 yards upfield.
Gazza for spuds at Maine rd was a masterclass.

It wasn't the best ever, but he was certainly Chelsea's best player by a country mile, & if he'd been playing for City today, we would have won comfortably. Wasted loads of great positions & failed to shoot many times. Hazard would cash in.

If he was at City, Chelsea would be nohere near us. He gives them their momentum in most games, even if he doesn't score or assist. He upsets the system of their opponents.

I'm no cynic said:
Ray78 said:
I'm no cynic said:
But what about Milner?

That's a weak excuse. It's 6 days since our last game, it's 8 days to the next one, the next is 6 days later, and the next one 7 days after that. And that's the lot for January. There's plenty of rest time between games. Whatever happened to the argument that players preferred games rather than training?

And if Milner picked up an injury in the Everton game and the same supporters would be complaining about why he was risked. Getting back on topic. today's game has shown why we are going to sign Bony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.