Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Bony could be our little general.

Please, let's never actually refer to him that way.

Ray78 said:
SebastianBlue said:
Ray78 said:
It's a bit of a head scratcher as Bony isn't even on the bench.

Excuse is that he is off for AFCON.

So is Yaya but he will play before he jets off to Abu Dhabi. Swansea are playing with fire with a tricky away tie.

I am not saying I believe it, just that it is the excuse.

callumcity said:
OB1 said:
80s Shorts said:
My word you like moving the goalposts in your argument. Are you female by any chance ;-)

I don't understand your point about questioning the club, it doesn't make sense.

Especially as Pellegrini has not said that we won't buy: he said we have the option in January to buy.

I'm sure if the club really wanted Bony they could strike up an arrangement with Swansea. Like give them the cash in instalments, or at the end of the season like with Negredo. Bony is an attainable and suitable transfer, no idea why you wouldn't want him. Bony would improve our attacking options no end. Top top player.

I would expect the timing of payment to be irrelevant for FFP: you do not normally account for things on a cash basis i.e. if you buy the player's registration the full fee has to be accounted for upon purchase not when payment is made. Entering into a loan deal with an option to buy would be different but even then it might depend on whether or not City have the option not to buy. I think the safest option with respect to FFP would be City paying a large loan fee with an option to buy that Swansea and the player cannot prevent City from exercising. Swansea / Bony's protection would be that it would be daft for City to pay that much for the loan and not exercise the buy option but it ought to provide enough doubt for City not to have to account for a purchase now at the full fee; they might though have to expense the full loan fee in the current year though so they would not want it too high.

And, if it wasn't clear, I think we should go for Bony in this window. I would caveat that by saying that I would prefer Cavani but think that would be a much more difficult deal for City to pull off in this window. I also don't think having Bony now would preclude us going for Cavani in the summer; especially as I can see one or both of Jovetic and Dzeko going in the summer. Having Cavani, Bony and Aguero as our three main strikers next season would be excellent in my view.

OB1 said:
callumcity said:
OB1 said:
Especially as Pellegrini has not said that we won't buy: he said we have the option in January to buy.

I'm sure if the club really wanted Bony they could strike up an arrangement with Swansea. Like give them the cash in instalments, or at the end of the season like with Negredo. Bony is an attainable and suitable transfer, no idea why you wouldn't want him. Bony would improve our attacking options no end. Top top player.

I would expect the timing of payment to be irrelevant for FFP: you do not normally account for things on a cash basis i.e. if you buy the player's registration the full fee has to be accounted for upon purchase not when payment is made. Entering into a loan deal with an option to buy would be different but even then it might depend on whether or not City have the option not to buy. I think the safest option with respect to FFP would be City paying a large loan fee with an option to buy that Swansea and the player cannot prevent City from exercising. Swansea / Bony's protection would be that it would be daft for City to pay that much for the loan and not exercise the buy option but it ought to provide enough doubt for City not to have to account for a purchase now at the full fee; they might though have to expense the full loan fee in the current year though so they would not want it too high.

And, if it wasn't clear, I think we should go for Bony in this window. I would caveat that by saying that I would prefer Cavani but think that would be a much more difficult deal for City to pull off in this window. I also don't think having Bony now would preclude us going for Cavani in the summer; especially as I can see one or both of Jovetic and Dzeko going in the summer. Having Cavani, Bony and Aguero as our three main strikers next season would be excellent in my view.

too many players demanding playing time unless we are playing 442

SebastianBlue said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
Bony could be our little general.

Please, let's never actually refer to him that way.

Ray78 said:
SebastianBlue said:
Excuse is that he is off for AFCON.

So is Yaya but he will play before he jets off to Abu Dhabi. Swansea are playing with fire with a tricky away tie.

I am not saying I believe it, just that it is the excuse.

True I am just questioning Swansea judgment,

bluechampion7891 said:
OB1 said:
callumcity said:

too many players demanding playing time unless we are playing 442

You think Pellegrini is going to abandon 2 upfront?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.