Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
80s Shorts said:
bobmcfc said:
80s Shorts said:
Don't be ridiculous, do you really think that the club is short sighted enough not to buy somebody because they will not be available for four games ?

Maybe they actually want a long term replacement for Negredo rather than trying to cover injuries. Surely that is what they are doing, if they are going to buy him.

I don't think the club considered the striker situation at all when they let negredo go without a replacement. Everyone on this forum voiced concerns that Kun and jovetic would get injured and it would leave us with with only Dzeko ! Some feared he would too get crocked, which as bad luck would have it has happened. Yes the club were short sighted in the summer, we screamed from the rafters this would happen and it did so don't get your hopes up that they will remedy it now with only 12m budget .
If they go for him I reckon they will do it in summer not now !

Which way do you want it ?

On the one hand you accuse the club of being short sighted by getting rid if Negredo without a replacement, whilst on the other you are saying don't buy Bony as we will have our strikers back soon. A rather schizophrenic point of view.

I'm saying we won't buy him because the club can't afford to do so until the summer. You think I have any say in what they do ? I'm looking at it from the point of where they had to lose negredo because we had no space to fit him into the CL due to restrictions. We knew the risks regarding the strikers yet let him go regardless. We received no fee for him either so after buying Mangala and fernando our budget is pretty much 10/12m so with kun and Dzeko close to a return and us not exactly short of goals recently, why would you think we would go all out for a striker in January ? We won't because we don't actually need one.
Pellegrini has already stated he won't be buying and laid out his reasons so it's not me who is questioning the club.

bobmcfc said:
80s Shorts said:
bobmcfc said:
I don't think the club considered the striker situation at all when they let negredo go without a replacement. Everyone on this forum voiced concerns that Kun and jovetic would get injured and it would leave us with with only Dzeko ! Some feared he would too get crocked, which as bad luck would have it has happened. Yes the club were short sighted in the summer, we screamed from the rafters this would happen and it did so don't get your hopes up that they will remedy it now with only 12m budget .

On the one hand you accuse the club of being short sighted by getting rid if Negredo without a replacement, whilst on the other you are saying don't buy Bony as we will have our strikers back soon. A rather schizophrenic point of view.

I'm saying we won't buy him because the club can't afford to do so until the summer. You think I have any say in what they do ? I'm looking at it from the point of where they had to lose negredo because we had no space to fit him into the CL due to restrictions. We knew the risks regarding the strikers yet let him go regardless. We received no fee for him either so after buying Mangala and fernando our budget is pretty much 10/12m so with kun and Dzeko close to a return and us not exactly short of goals recently, why would you think we would go all out for a striker in January ? We won't because we don't actually need one.
Pellegrini has already stated he won't be buying and laid out his reasons so it's not me who is questioning the club.

My word you like moving the goalposts in your argument. Are you female by any chance ;-)

I don't understand your point about questioning the club, it doesn't make sense.

80s Shorts said:
bobmcfc said:
80s Shorts said:

My word you like moving the goalposts in you argument. Are you female by any chance ;-)

and what on earth are you rabitting on about questioning the club for ?

What has being female got to do with it

We will not buy bony yet IMO because we don't need him. If anything we need a refresh in midfield which we can't do unless we sell nasty,Sinclair and God knows who else...which is unlikely to get us much money

80s Shorts said:
bobmcfc said:
80s Shorts said:

My word you like moving the goalposts in your argument. Are you female by any chance ;-)

I don't understand your point about questioning the club, it doesn't make sense.

Especially as Pellegrini has not said that we won't buy: he said we have the option in January to buy.

OB1 said:
80s Shorts said:
bobmcfc said:

Especially as Pellegrini has not said that we won't buy: he said we have the option in January to buy.

I'm sure if the club really wanted Bony they could strike up an arrangement with Swansea. Like give them the cash in instalments, or at the end of the season like with Negredo. Bony is an attainable and suitable transfer, no idea why you wouldn't want him. Bony would improve our attacking options no end. Top top player.

80s Shorts said:
bobmcfc said:
80s Shorts said:
Don't be ridiculous, do you really think that the club is short sighted enough not to buy somebody because they will not be available for four games ?

Maybe they actually want a long term replacement for Negredo rather than trying to cover injuries. Surely that is what they are doing, if they are going to buy him.

Typical behaviour when an argument is going against oneself is to move the goal posts to try and accommodate someone elses point. Stop digging bob, the hole is now deep enough.

I would welcome Bony, the lad is strong, can finish, hold the ball up and most importantly, he can play.

Not sure why there is so much Dzeko vs Bony talk as I doubt Bony would actually replace Dzeko.

3 out and out strikers in Aguero, Dzeko and Bony. Jovetic is best used as a second striker or playing deeper imo.

SebastianBlue said:
No Bony for Swansea today.

(Casting out.)

Commentators said he has already gone on international duty. Not sure how true that is. I was under the impression that Yaya was available tomorrow but maybe he has gone too.

I think they are training in Abu Dhabi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.