Will AI wipe out humanity?

I mean, it's pretty funny really. All the GPU's and all the algorithms in the world, could never show me anything as true, or create a single second as beautiful, as I saw on Thursday, just watching the leaves in a particular tree in the light, watching the light dance in the various ripples and flows and layers of our local stream. Everything we build is so clumsy and ugly, compared to nature, that it's just hilarious. A joke. I hope more people start to get it, and get the random lifetime ambition to plant a tree or six.

The implants in people's head will be able to create all those visuals for them to seem perfectly real.

Implants are coming, it's already been normalised to have these phones attached to your hand. The next obvious step will be things being implanted. It'll 100% happen at some point. Younger generations won't take much concincing and everyone else dies out eventually.

The implants in people's head will be able to create all those visuals for them to seem perfectly real.

Implants are coming, it's already been normalised to have these phones attached to your hand. The next obvious step will be things being implanted. It'll 100% happen at some point. Younger generations won't take much concincing and everyone else dies out eventually.

You've been watching to much Black Mirror.

I think we're quite a long way away yet. Even today's AI such as ChatGPT isn't actually AI, it's just an algorithm which utilises the internet to formulate answers to questions. It cannot come up with new ideas or do anything that separates it from a very advanced version of Google.

They say the AI singularity is tied to processing power but I don't think that is really relevant. We're getting close to brain type levels of hardware and processing power but the software is a million miles off. Whilst computers are tied to 0's and 1's then we'll never see a true intelligence which isn't reliant or based upon human programming.

That doesn't mean we can't get AI and robots to do everything we need because do we really need an intelligent AI or do we actually just need far more powerful automation? I'd say the latter is best and the former is dangerous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.