Will AI wipe out humanity?

Does it matter?

This question has made me realise I really don’t give a toss about the long term (200+ years in the future) prospects of humanity.

I care about the world around me and the people in it today. I care about my children and their children and probably their children too, but I don’t think I can bring myself to care about 20 generations into the future any more than I care about relatives 20 generations back dying of bubonic plague etc.

Obviously I’d like for us to avoid this if possible and not embark on a deliberate attempt to end the species, I think we have a moral responsibility to look after the planet we’re on and not dig a hole for the future generations but god knows much of the planet would be much better off without us.

No one grieves for the Neanderthal. We are just another link in the evolutionary chain, eventually we will be replaced like all species before us.
Hah we’re taking less than 5 years not 200 though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.