Will all teams park the bus against us from now on? (merged)

Re: Will all teams park the bus against us from now on?

amooballer said:
these teams that park the bus make me sick. odd tho they don't do it against united.
need to take shots from outside and players to follow in for the rebound when against parked bus.

Not really odd. United attack from their own half with speed so they don't have a chance to park anything. If a team does get organized their fullbacks and wingers combine to work it down the wings and cross it into the box. It's not that teams don't want to park the bus against them it's, that they don't let them.

That's not the only way to counter teams parking the bus (see Barca). The problem with passing it through two banks of four is it requires the players to have a near telepathic understanding as you're working with such fine margins and your timing has to be spot on. Barcelona can do it because the core of their team have been playing together since they were teenagers. We all saw how Arsenal tried it and failed, not all Wengers fault tbf I honestly think if he kept that young squad together they would be challenging for the lot by now.

Bloody hell I went off track there.

Playing against packed defences

This is something we are going to have to learn to do....every week it si happening no matter at home or away....very few teams open up to us and take us head on (we have even seen utd do it to us)

So how do we solve this problem like today. We didnt really create any clear cut chances, only half chances?

People say that we need width but we do play with width, either from pour full backs or today with people like Milner.....

Now here in lies the first issue (and everything I am going to say isnt a criticism of any particular player though I may use some as examples)...

The quality of our crossing - this is generally very poor from people like miilner, silva, zabba, clichy etc.......today was a good example of this when we got into positions but the corsses we are putting in are of a poor quality; no pace on the cross, doesnt beat the first man etc....it just isnt good enough (whether Dzeko is on the pitch or not)....this is where utd are so successful. they have always had players who can deliver crosses at pace and with whip on them. The only two players in our squad who can deliver quality balls into the box (besides being both injured) are Kolorov and Maicon......now here in lies the second problem (well at least for me)...neiher of these two when on the pitch can be trusted with their primary jobs of defending....both kolorov and maicon are very useful going forward but poor defensively.

Secondly we have no pace in attack.....neither break aways, passing or running at people with the ball. Talking to a guy in the pub today (who was a football coach) and he used the term regarding a player who can "break through the lines"...ie a dribbler (the best at thisl is obviously messi), but we dont have any single player who is very effective at this...both tevez and aguero are better at off the shoulder of the last defender (for me tevez as good as he is in the deeper lying role is wasted there as he is a real poacher int he box as well as the other qualities we have but i digress)...the only player with any real pace is sinclair and he seems te be out of favour with Mancini (i mean why oh why didnt he get a go today int he last 10-15 mins when we were crying out for something a bit different). But we dont have any pace in attack at all

Teams now no they just have to pack the defense and hold out for a break away or a goal out of nothing/set piece.

With our current squad we dont have the alternatives we need.....now tin hat on time....except with Balotelli....he will run at people, he will shoot on sight.........he has made differences int he past...BUT there are the arguements against balo that have been done to death already on here.......

So what is the solution????????? Buggered if i know!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need a player who will run at people with the ball that is clear..our best moment inthe second half came when yaya ran at their back 4 and then slipped a pass into aguero and his shot hit the defender.....but that was it so its either RM releases yaya from his shackles or we need someone else to do this (and as superb a player as silva is he isnt that type a player)......

or

find wingers/wide players who can cross at pace and with whip like utd have.....basic but can be effective....

I dont agree with RM continually criticising our strikers...at present they are trying to feed off of half chances in some games......we need to find a way of creating more clear cut chances and at the moment we arent

Re: Playing against packed defences

I certainly agree with the last paragraph.

Someone said we had 23 attempts against Reading. I was there and I can remember one clear cut chance. Even the goal was opportunistic.

For me the blame lies on mancini's shoulders.

He sets us up and it is his job to find solutions to problems put in front of him.

At the moment his solutions are not good enough.

yet we keep playing the same system and the same way. its either we are all blind and mancini is right, I very much doubt it. I love zab but how is he gonna give you width playing left back. I think bobby has run out of ideas and just hopes the quality of players will drag us over the line because his tactics certainly will not.

i think its about having the right type of player to play a plan B and we dont have that type of player at present to mix it up.....RM is trying to but they players that we have dont fit his (or our) plan B.....

we dont have players who can run at people and go past them and break the lines, we dont have players who can move at pace and deliver a ball whipped in at pace.......

the players we have are made for intricut one touch football but against a 9-10 man defense it is extremely difficult.....without some very special players (ala messi inetsta etc)

therefore we need a plan b type player (a bale, valencia etc type of player)

I do think that tevez and aguero drop too deep at times (especially tevez)

simon23 said:
i think its about having the right type of player to play a plan B and we dont have that type of player at present to mix it up.....RM is trying to but they players that we have dont fit his (or our) plan B.....

we dont have players who can run at people and go past them and break the lines, we dont have players who can move at pace and deliver a ball whipped in at pace.......

the players we have are made for intricut one touch football but against a 9-10 man defense it is extremely difficult.....without some very special players (ala messi inetsta etc)

Because they are feeding off scraps.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
simon23 said:

fully agree.......think i put it in another post those very words.......we dont create any clear openings (or very few)......

simon23 said:
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
simon23 said:

fully agree.......think i put it in another post those very words.......we dont create any clear openings (or very few)......

Silva is underperforming this season. Yaya has been hit and miss, nasri also.

Garcia, Barry, Rodwell, Sinclair,Milner are never going to pull up trees.

The midfield was the issue last season despite us winning the league especially when Yaya went to ACON.

It wasn't addressed.

We are now paying the price.

Re: Will all teams park the bus against us from now on?

amooballer said:
these teams that park the bus make me sick. odd tho they don't do it against united.
need to take shots from outside and players to follow in for the rebound when against parked bus.
yes they do but United have pace and width to beak it down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.