Will all teams park the bus against us from now on? (merged)

Re: Playing against packed defences

BimboBob said:
Two words.

Fucking shoot.

it aint as simple as that...we arent getting into positions to shoot......whe a player does he often (as today showed) has 7 or 8 players infront of him....the chance of success is small.......teams are packing the defense and keeping us at arms length/.......yes sometimes it may work but other times it doesnt and its not quite as simple as just shooting....i think the stats will show that we had quite a few shots today (but they were mostly half chances).......and thats the key....we are not creating aly clear cut openings at all

It's width .. quickfire , one touch , passing , and astute running off the ball , that catches packed defences on the hop ...... and we are struggling to do any of them with any real efficiency right now.

Far too slow in our build up today , and that allowed Sunderland to just keep their shape at the back and repel us ..... the two or three times that we did make any real headway towards the Sunderland goal , their keeper did well.

The only way to do this is by taking any chance we get. Against Reading Tevez missed a great chance and today Aguero missed a good opportunity. Take our chances and go 1-0 up then we force the opposition to come at us and them it gives us more space.

More importantly Aguero is a 36 million pound striker, Tevez cost 32 mil, Dzeko 28 and Balo 24 mil. These strikers should only need half a chance to score. Even against Newcastle the chances we wasted was awful to say the least.

Re: Will all teams park the bus against us from now on?

Ferguson has shown managers how to beat teams like this - you have good wingers and pull their defense open. Make them run and tire them out.

Unfortunately our manager has gone for the Barca route to try and pass your way through which relies on a bit of magic from someone. Unfortunately we don't have Messi in our team<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:55 pm --<br /><br />Ferguson has shown managers how to beat teams like this - you have good wingers and pull their defense open. Make them run and tire them out.

Unfortunately our manager has gone for the Barca route to try and pass your way through which relies on a bit of magic from someone. Unfortunately we don't have Messi in our team

Tiki taka style is one of the easiest to defend against in numbers if you aren't playing it well. Barcelona are a far superior team to us and even they have been kept out for 90 minutes on occasion or limited (just look at the Celtic games). Last season you could go as far as to say Barca were found out, hence Real Madrid walking the league, but Tito has evolved their style this year and they are kicking arse again. I know we won the league with it but I do fear this style isn't optimal for the Premier League, you need a certain directness and pace to your game against many Premier League clubs who can be negative bastards as we all know. As I said in the Mou/Mancini thread, I think Real Madrid's style would be perfect for the Premier League, it's United's pace/directness + City's midfield/technical quality when we were at our best.

We need to stretch the game when we get in the last 1/3 to give players a chance to A put a pass in or B shoot or C cross it . But we keep it down the middle so easy to defend !!!

onceabluealways said:
Ferguson has shown managers how to beat teams like this - you have good wingers and pull their defense open. Make them run and tire them out.

Unfortunately our manager has gone for the Barca route to try and pass your way through which relies on a bit of magic from someone. Unfortunately we don't have Messi in our team

-- Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:55 pm --

Summed up perfectly

BimboBob said:
Two words.

Fucking shoot.

I thought after the Wigan game when Mario scored from Barry's parried shot, we would now start doing this. Doesnt matter how scrappy the goals are they all count.

But no, tippy tappy lets walk the ball in has prevailed

Blumers Bloomers said:
BimboBob said:
Two words.

Fucking shoot.

I thought after the Wigan game when Mario scored from Barry's parried shot, we would now start doing this. Doesnt matter how scrappy the goals are they all count.

But no, tippy tappy lets walk the ball in has prevailed

"We play nice tippy tappy football. Eez important."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.