Will all teams park the bus against us from now on? (merged)

Re: Will all teams park the bus against us from now on?

i dont get it teams never play like that at OT but when we play at home 14 teams out of 20 do park the bus

you have to give it ago dont you

It is not a new thing and we still struggle against teams who adopt that approach.

We will not be that shit all the time and a lot of teams have already parked the bus against us since we are playing like contenders so that's not news for me. Just have to play better (today we missed Kolarov/Maicon/Richards/Clichy - it could have been much better with one of them), that's all.

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
One problem today was the lack of overlapping fullbacks. Zab did it a bit but rekik offered zero going forward and when he did get up, the players didn't pass to him. Felt a bit sorry for him as although he did nothing wrong, I thought he was the wrong choice today.

Sinclair is a headless chicken though so I can see why Mancini doesn't pick him much.

What's up with Maicon? Injured?

Most teams will, I'm sure. To be fair, we have so much of the ball at home anyway, there's not that much else they can do at times.

That was what I found so frustrating about today. It was fairly obvious Reading would play like that, so I can't understand why we went with Barry and Garcia. We effectively played the first 60 minutes one attacking player down on how we normally play - I know Yaya was notionally further forward, but he spent most of his time getting the ball deep anyway. And for me we're just far, far better with him and one other in the centre (Barry usually, or Garcia) and then four attacking players ahead of them. The lack of options ahead of the ball is one of the main reasons why our build up is so slow - compare it with last week with Yaya getting it deep and having all four of Silva, Nasri, Aguero and Tevez making runs. And - again for me - playing Aguero on the left is a criminal waste of one of the top strikers in the world.

I know RM's hands are tied with injuries - and he obviously doesn't rate Sinclair at all - but I still can't really understand his thinking on this one today. As well as Reading defended, I'm confident that had we played an extra attacking player, and both Aguero and Tevez up front from the off, we would have been much more incisive and pulled them apart more than we did. The key for me in general is to go out and get at these teams that do park the bus right from the start, quick tempo, high pressing - don't give them 15 minutes to settle while we slowly push it around.

black mamba said:
mcfcallo said:
this is what could cost us.. teams parking the bus. Not many park it against united which is why they normally win comfortablly

Absolutely .......

Readings defending against United last month was laughable , and nowhere near up to the standard they showed today .....

I said this last year...teams think they have a chance of scoring against utd and give it a go at their place but I think we are perceived as a much togher nut to crack defensively so they go for frustrate and draw/maybe counter attack goal. Annoying!

sh249 said:
Most teams will, I'm sure. To be fair, we have so much of the ball at home anyway, there's not that much else they can do at times.

That was what I found so frustrating about today. It was fairly obvious Reading would play like that, so I can't understand why we went with Barry and Garcia. We effectively played the first 60 minutes one attacking player down on how we normally play - I know Yaya was notionally further forward, but he spent most of his time getting the ball deep anyway. And for me we're just far, far better with him and one other in the centre (Barry usually, or Garcia) and then four attacking players ahead of them. The lack of options ahead of the ball is one of the main reasons why our build up is so slow - compare it with last week with Yaya getting it deep and having all four of Silva, Nasri, Aguero and Tevez making runs. And - again for me - playing Aguero on the left is a criminal waste of one of the top strikers in the world.

I know RM's hands are tied with injuries - and he obviously doesn't rate Sinclair at all - but I still can't really understand his thinking on this one today. As well as Reading defended, I'm confident that had we played an extra attacking player, and both Aguero and Tevez up front from the off, we would have been much more incisive and pulled them apart more than we did. The key for me in general is to go out and get at these teams that do park the bus right from the start, quick tempo, high pressing - don't give them 15 minutes to settle while we slowly push it around.

I totally agree.

The first of last season Milner was always in the line up. And we were scoring goals for fun, especially at OT. When he went out, we struggled during the post Christmas period.

He is a better passer than Garcia. He should be the no brainer Yaya replacement. I know sometimes he all running and no production but he and Silva have a good feel for each other.

I know if i was a manager coming to city. The way city play would leave no other option's but to park the bus . our tactic's are quite predictable and because we play so narrow it easy choice . Fill centre mid and try to suffocate us . When we play away teams set up with more atticking tactics . This leaves more space to slice defences apart . Luckily we have world class players which have got us through alot of home games . I think we should play with more width but bobby is obviously not a width man .

not only will they do it at our place they will do it at their own ground. utd have had to put up with it for years so better get used to it.
the only difference is they get a pen every week, we dont.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.