Will any areas of the team need strengthening?

There is a Light

I know it is early days but at this point it is hard to see which areas Hughes will need to strengthen in January.

He already has too much cover up front and in midfield and despite the defence looking suspect at times, it is unlikely we will spend any more money on that position.

But with 50 million probably burning a hole in Hughes pocket, you would imagine he would be itching to spend it.

But will he even need to? I just can't see it

I think we are now in a position to wait to see if any world class players are available and really get the scouts working on any wonderkids that we could snap up. The squad is in good shape IMO and now we have the luxury to "play it by ear".

...arrghhhh...1st post for ages...that feels better!

There is a light said:
Swales lives said:
a new left back is a must

He has definitely been average but he was getting to grips with his game on Monday night imo. Do you reckon Hughes will be big enough to replace his own signings?

I think Bridge has really improved this season - switched off a few times at the swamp. He certainly has defensive limitations, but is up to it in the prem. With Silvinho and Lescott as cover, don't think Hughes will be exactly desperate to sign a LB, but as I said before, if someone world class becomes available and is keen - don't think Hughes will have a problem replacing his own signings...if we are going where I hope we are (with MH at the helm) he is certainly going to have to do it at some point in the future...

I think that we have the personnel. maybe we need to be working on defending from set pieces a bit more.

This is the first time in decades that I look at the team, the bench, and the squad in general, and I'm sitting there thinking 'No, not him'.

We can always go out and buy, but I'm more than happy to see what this squad can achieve at the moment.

I'm not counting my chickens, but I'm quite happy at the moment that our present squad has what it takes to mix it with 'the big 4'.

Time will tell of course, but it will be interesting to see who we buy when we qualify for the champions league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.