Will Edin Dzeko flop? Why or why not?

He's a top quality player, and is/was regarded as one of the best strikers in Europe and next year will be top quality.

He needs a bit of time to settle. A great example of this is Torres. Torres is a great player, but isn't having a great time at the moment as he has just arrived at a new club, and he has played in the prem for a few years.

Players don't go poor over night, and need time to settle, also, players that generally join in the January window usually find it hard to settle in mid season.

People who want to undermine him should think twice, as many on here used to whine about De Jong, and now is thought to be one of our most important players. Everyone deserves time.

D-Z-E-K-O

You can see that he's lacking confidence with his touch not being there. Once mancini buys a decent wide my to put in those crosses he's been talking about he'll flourish. We just need to build the team around him...not tevez (who i think will be offski anyway).

To get the best out of him i'd like to see this line up - with additions

-----------------HART--------------

MICAH/PAB-----VINNIE----KOLO/SUBOTIC------AK

SANCHEZ/WEISS----DE JONG/YAYA----SILVA/SNEIDER---------COENTRAO/AJ

------------BALO/CAVANI-----DZEKO

california blue said:
You can see that he's lacking confidence with his touch not being there. Once mancini buys a decent wide my to put in those crosses he's been talking about he'll flourish. We just need to build the team around him...not tevez (who i think will be offski anyway).

To get the best out of him i'd like to see this line up - with additions

-----------------HART--------------

MICAH/PAB-----VINNIE----KOLO/SUBOTIC------AK

SANCHEZ/WEISS----DE JONG/YAYA----SILVA/SNEIDER---------COENTRAO/AJ

------------BALO/CAVANI-----DZEKO

build a team around him ???

if he isnt able to play in a 4-3-3 he'll never play in a top team

Before he came to city I said "we need to buy this guy" and i stand by that because he is a goalscorer and with the right service can get 20+ a season but thats the problem we have nobody who can cross a bloody ball in and if Dzeko and Tevez/Balotelli were in front of you its obvious you would'nt pass to Dzeko. So its not really his fault that he is not bangin them in. AJ never crosses the ball he always tries to dribble it in which is good and it works, SWP cant cross for his life and isnt played and Milner never gets a game either so we have to rely on the fullbacks Richards is good going forwards but rarely crosses it in always passes it and Kolorov looks a bit shakey going forward although his crosses are good, so Dzeko need a proper winger like i hate to say it but Nani, he has 20 assists this season and has scored 9 himself. Thats pretty impressive although i hate the cheatin scum.

He'll be fine. Great buying him in January really. He can pop in and out of the team in the less important games, it's like an extended pre-season for him. As a bonus for us he's scored us a few crucial goals. Next season he'll be on the money, no worries :) The only problem is with the people who expected him to turn up and start knocking in a goal a game.

While Dzeko's form has slipped due to the transition to a new team and he doesn't look much of a goal scoring threat lately due to lack of service...he is not giving the ball away like some seem to suggest. I saw somewhere that since joining City he has completed more than 70% of his passes.

He will come good if he starts getting the crosses he needs to build confidence.

I really hope he succeeds. For me the football reasons have been covered when we play him we need to give him the tools to shine, but my other reason is that he has only been here a couple of months and I love his attitude to football and the club. I admire that he admits he is finding the PL tough but is determined to get it right. No histrionic's, no drama just seems a professional man who now he is at City will do everything in his power to perform well for the team and fans. I think he believes in where the club is trying to go and is signed up to the cause. I hope we give him the time to settle and find his form for us as I think his temperament equals out Mario's eccentricities and should not be underestimated.

There's a slight misconception that Dzeko is all about crosses. No, that's maybe a third of his goals. He likes to play off second striker and a trequartista. Quicker passing, throughballs, continental kind of thing. For me, watching City in the PL since January was by and large shocking, in terms of the amount of creativity/chances. This needs to improve. Balotelli and Tevez have barely scored since January too.

His awful touch tells me all I need to know. Didn't have that at Wolfsburg.

It's confidence and a dip in form. He didn't go from 30 goals to donkey overnight.

I'll wait at least a year before doubting him. Andy Carroll went from one Prem club to another and has a hard time scoring goals, imagine switching leagues in the middle of a form dip.

I don't know where this belief that he needs crosses comes from. He scores far more goals with good footwork and accurate shooting than with his head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.