Will Gundogan ever get the credit and love he deserves?

Loved watching him take that training session with the under 16s this week. You could see him running a drill that was just so pep and even tonight after seeing that drill I noticed is do it so many times tonight.

He’s probably one of the most football intelligent players we have ever had but sadly will as a player go very under the radar outside of City circles.

I was actually thinking about his impact on this team going under the radar, during the match tonight. It's his decision making for me, that sets him apart.

He never seems to hesitate, very rarely gets it wrong(football IQ as others have said but without overthinking things). He should be the example used for the sometimes indecisive players we have, to look towards. Grealish understandably has a bit of indecisiveness to his game, in his first season so far. Sterling can go through periods of that but he is a confidence player. I also think Foden seems to play better when Gundo is on the pitch.

Always happy for Gundo to get some love, but this thread feels a couple of years old. As the replies here indicate, these days you'd struggle to find a City fan who doesn't love him to bits.

Here's hoping his coaching career goes as well as early signs suggest it might and he's in around the club for decades to come.

I think when KDB doesnt play Gundog looks even better. I think as others have said, he controls the possesion and gives little away, very clever player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.