Will Gundogan ever get the credit and love he deserves?

Always relaxed when hes on the pitch. Theres always a moment when you think hes in trouble with a couple of players surrounding him and hes managed to escape with a cruyff turn into space.

He's been an exceptional buy and deserves huge credit for getting himself back to the top level after injuries that could have affected players with less character.
Happy to see him see out his career with us, players with his skill set don't come around often.
I find myself only appreciating his performances on second viewing a lot of the time, he just quietly gets on with his role and sometimes can be missed first time around.

He will be appreciated more when he has gone , a few on here had the knives out for him for far too long , he didnt set the world on fire when he came to the club after a long run of injuries at Dortmund , but over the last three seasons he is in the top half dozen players at the club , massive influence on a lot of games and scorer of vital goals.
The £25m he cost has to be one of the best the club has ever spent , and dont forget when his contract came to an end he didnt hawk himself around other clubs or made waves , he got on with it signed a new four year deal when he could have left for nothing within a few months
He wont get a statue , but he will be remembered as a vital part of our trophy laden years.
As much as I love Gündogan, I’d argue that Ederson, Kompany, Silva, YaYa and Aguero were better value

the football lover with an eye for football will always love whippy and always show their appreciation.

but i dont think he gets quite as much praise as he should. If KDB was out for a couple of weeks and we had big games im totally relaxed with the knowledge we have Gundo, excellent player. But he wont get the full credit he deserves

I've ticked no as the OP's question isn't clear if its credit from us or the wider football world.

He does a very good job at what he does but hasn't the wow factor for the clickbait media to single him out for worldie praise especially playing for us.

I agree with a number of comments on here, one of the best signings Pep has made, i think he was the was the first player Pep signed. Never lets you down, not flash, no gimmicks, talented, plus hard graft up and down the field and a bag full of goals thrown in. You could play him anywhere and he would be a 7 or 8 out of 10 each week. The perfect professional for our young stars to learn from!!

In my humble opinion, he is one of the best signings we have ever made, he makes the game look so easy.

He doesn't have the flair of David Silva, the raw power of Yaya, the defensive nous of Fernandinho, the vision of Kev ( BUT WHO DOES)!

What Ilkay gives us is an unerring ability to keep the ball, he is our ticker, nothing particular fancy just clever. He also scores his share.

Will he ever be given the credit he rightly deserves as one of in my opinion best ever players.
That is very true, but he does have something of each of them in his locker that makes him such a valuable member of the squad.

I love Ilkay; his passing accuracy is up there with the very best, and as he has proved in his time at Etihad, he can play anywhere from defensive midfield to striker.

However, as to your original question, no I don’t think he will ever receive the credit he deserves, neither from the City fan base, nor from the wider football public.

He makes it look so easy.Very intelligent footballer who seems a great guy aswell.
An absolute bargain.

There isn't a team in the world where Gundogan doesn't get into the starting XI (the only exception being City)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.