Will handshaking become a thing of the past?

hopefully, can't stand fuckers squeezing my hand for a handshake to show how manly they are.
People with limp handshakes are not to be trusted. They either have limp personalities, they’re disrespecting you, or they’re up to summet.

Also don’t like it when people don’t look you in the eye when they shake your hand.

Also don’t like it when people try and do daft fingers on top handshakes with me... I’m British for fuck’s sake, not some snide Yank, shake my hand properly!

Much prefer someone to be up front and squeeze fuck out of my hand while looking me in the eye. They might well be saying “feel this you ****” but at least you can read them and they’re being up front. Shows a trustworthiness.

A first handshake from someone makes my mind up on whether I like them or not. And through experience first handshakes are remarkably accurate to what someone’s personality is like!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even think fist bumping should be done at this moment.
Nor the elbow thing... we’ve been told to for years in normal cold&flu seasons to sneeze into the elbow, then everyone’s going round touching elbows?

Anything but fist bumps. Even an over-firm firm handshake feel like a cuddle from you mum compared to slamming your knuckles together. Why not just kick each other in the shin instead?

Just read this new variant will still be with us next Christmas, so it seems it will be a while before we can even consider it.

I go for groping the arse these days, only been kicked in the balls once, think I’m on a winner :-)
Hooray and as we can't sing or dance or reside within 2 metres of any other human being anymore the wolf whistle will return.

Who says history never repeats.

People with limp handshakes are not to be trusted. They either have limp personalities, they’re disrespecting you, or they’re up to summet.

Also don’t like it when people don’t look you in the eye when they shake your hand.

Also don’t like it when people try and do daft fingers on top handshakes with me... I’m British for fuck’s sake, not some snide Yank, shake my hand properly!

Much prefer someone to be up front and squeeze fuck out of my hand while looking me in the eye. They might well be saying “feel this you ****” but at least you can read them and they’re being up front. Shows a trustworthiness.

A first handshake from someone makes my mind up on whether I like them or not. And through experience first handshakes are remarkably accurate to what someone’s personality is like!
Remarkably? Bloody hell, may as well judge someone via Physiognomy.
Not a hand-shaker kind of person but i appreciate a gentle civilized grip, not a 'look how strong i am' one

A very limp handshake is sometimes used to convey respect by Indians. Caught me cold the first time.

Anything but fist bumps. Even an over-firm firm handshake feel like a cuddle from you mum compared to slamming your knuckles together. Why not just kick each other in the shin instead?
The British martial art

A very limp handshake is sometimes used to convey respect by Indians. Caught me cold the first time.
Also, there are some cultures who don’t look you int he eye out of respect.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.