Will Hart play for England again?

Whatever the issue with Hart was, Pep had been made aware prior to his arrival. He didn't give him even a hint of a chance. Methinks it had little to do with his ball playing ability

I keep reading this, but apart from thinking he was the dogs bollocks, I'm yet to read anything concrete or give a firm reason what these reasons are.

I keep reading this, but apart from thinking he was the dogs bollocks, I'm yet to read anything concrete or give a firm reason what these reasons are.
I think there has been plenty of speculation on here as to what those reasons were. However in my opinion, even if you put those reasons to one side for a minute, I don't think Joe could ever get close enough to being as high a quality ball playing goalkeeper that would ever satisfy Pep.

Hart had many great seasons for us but in the last couple under Pellers his vulnerability to lower left goal efforts became a standing joke here.

And his distribution always was very poor. Slicing long and left into touch was never going to cut it with Pep.

Don’t know how it went wrong for him so young in goalkeeping terms. Part of it is the way the game has changed but somewhere along the way his reflexes lost the supernatural edge they used to have. He was always a great shot stopper but a Pep keeper has to be more than that.

Now he’s not even a great shot stopper.

Always have fond memories of him because he won us so many points when in his prime.

Unfortunately, I think Joe's days as a top 'keeper are numbered. He seems to have gone from bad to worse since he left City.

I expect him to go to the World Cup, as he will be able, at the very least, to provide plenty of advice for the much younger stoppers - should Butland and Pickford be the others selected - that are in the squad.

In his prime, Joe Hart was a fantastic goalkeeper for Manchester City and he had many brilliant performances for us, the best of which, IMHO, was away to Spurs in the first game of the 2010/11 season.

He was phenomenal that day.

His performance against Borussia Dortmund in the CL was also brilliant.
He made 6 or 7 truly world class saves that night.

Mods don't want you saying anything as anything libelous puts Bluemoon in jeopardy. That said the answer to your question is on page one clear as day.

Thought he was world class before signed him - despite our god awful defence he is awful, installs zero confidence and concedes soft goals. Please take him back.

Sadly, much as I like Joe Hart as a man he is well short of what is required to be a really top keeper.
He has had the occasional stunning game for us but his shortcomings were largely masked by a very good defensive organisation in the Mancini era. Since then he has lived on his laurels and largely flattered to deceive.
His reluctance to come off his line and panic inducing calls of “away away” whenever a ball floated anyway in his vicinity have been there for all of us to see.
His distribution has remained god awful over the years and the occasional shot stopping miracles seem to have got rarer and rarer.
A disappointing season on loan with the Granata in Turin and a struggle to claim a starting spot at the Hammers coupled with the availability of a crop of good young English keepers have been the final nail in the coffin of his England career.
I fear he will no longer be England’s number 1 and would not be at all surprised if he plays his football in the Championship next season.

Hart had many great seasons for us but in the last couple under Pellers his vulnerability to lower left goal efforts became a standing joke here.

And his distribution always was very poor. Slicing long and left into touch was never going to cut it with Pep.

Don’t know how it went wrong for him so young in goalkeeping terms. Part of it is the way the game has changed but somewhere along the way his reflexes lost the supernatural edge they used to have. He was always a great shot stopper but a Pep keeper has to be more than that.

Now he’s not even a great shot stopper.

Always have fond memories of him because he won us so many points when in his prime.

Hart's fall has been more spectacular but there has been a succession of fairly recent England goalkeepers who were better aged 26/27 than age 30: Paul Robinson, Scott Carson, Rob Green and even Ben Foster who if I recall correctly gave up on England

Hart's fall has been more spectacular but there has been a succession of fairly recent England goalkeepers who were better aged 26/27 than age 30: Paul Robinson, Scott Carson, Rob Green and even Ben Foster who if I recall correctly gave up on England
True.

Robinson it turned out was struggling with health issues for a long time. Carson lost all his confidence after a shocking display in one England game. Not sure Green was ever in Hart’s league. If I remember correctly Foster retired from internationals because he was never going to get a game because of Joe.

I’m not convinced about any of the current crop but sadly I think keepers like Joe are becoming dinosaurs. Hope he gets a good club next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.