Will Hart play for England again?

It's hard to say what went wrong. Did he think he had it made and stop working and learning? He is actually young enough for a keeper to still have five or more years at the top level but obviously needs a lot of work and hunger.
It reminds me a lot of Nicky Weaver, everyone touting him as the Next England number 1, got a bit cocksure of himself then went downhill from there, I am sure it will be all City's fault regarding Harts situation, another English players career we have ruined lol

Nope - not unless he finds another PL club where he gets the #1 shirt.

I think that basically he plateaued and didn't maintain form, improve his play including distribution and I suspect the reason Pep got rid straight away is because Hart came across as someone who didn't feel the need to change / learn. Fact is we all knew and still know his weaknesses - he still has addressed them.

I think he started to believe in his own hype and untouchable at City. The way he swore at every England game then done a huge balls up made him look like an idiot. Pep see through his flaws and sent him packing

Udinese president basically called him shite and he expected better. West Ham fans expected better. The last consistent goalie England had before Joe was Paul Robison and his career went just like Joe's, absolutely tits up.

Expect another Carson, Green type mistakes for a while until England can sort it out

When Pep first arrived the team went on the US tour with a lot of players who's positions were in question. I remember watching the Arsenal game when Willy played the first half and Joe played the 2nd half. He'd just rejoined the squad after the Euro's I think.
It was hilarious and horrible watching Willy try and play the ball with his feet, obviously minimal preparation and he was all over the place... Pep was watching Willy struggling and kept applauding and encouraging him to keep trying. It could have ben 6 or seven to Arsenal at HT.
Second half, and Joe is on replacing Willy. Every time the ball went to Joe he blasts it long, as usual on multiple occasions the ball goes flying out of play.

I was watching Pep as this unfolded. He sat there with a stoney glare throughout and I thought to myself, there is no way Joe will play another meaningful minute.

And I think that was it, on that tour I think Willy was played as first choice, and I think one of the young keepers played.

When the season started Willy was in, and if I remember correctly Joe was on the bench until Bravo arrived.

What was really interesting though was that Willy obviously had decided to try and fight for a place in Pep's set up and tried his best to adapt, and he did well in the first few games that he played. Joe on the other hand made absolutely no effort to adapt to the managers instructions, so he either had already decided that he was gone and therefore why bother, or that he thought he was a big enough player to just keep doing his thing and in some way Pep would find it necessary to play him. Either way I think it was a massive mistake by Joe and is basically he's made his own bed.

When Pep first arrived the team went on the US tour with a lot of players who's positions were in question. I remember watching the Arsenal game when Willy played the first half and Joe played the 2nd half. He'd just rejoined the squad after the Euro's I think.
It was hilarious and horrible watching Willy try and play the ball with his feet, obviously minimal preparation and he was all over the place... Pep was watching Willy struggling and kept applauding and encouraging him to keep trying. It could have ben 6 or seven to Arsenal at HT.
Second half, and Joe is on replacing Willy. Every time the ball went to Joe he blasts it long, as usual on multiple occasions the ball goes flying out of play.

I was watching Pep as this unfolded. He sat there with a stoney glare throughout and I thought to myself, there is no way Joe will play another meaningful minute.

And I think that was it, on that tour I think Willy was played as first choice, and I think one of the young keepers played.

When the season started Willy was in, and if I remember correctly Joe was on the bench until Bravo arrived.

What was really interesting though was that Willy obviously had decided to try and fight for a place in Pep's set up and tried his best to adapt, and he did well in the first few games that he played. Joe on the other hand made absolutely no effort to adapt to the managers instructions, so he either had already decided that he was gone and therefore why bother, or that he thought he was a big enough player to just keep doing his thing and in some way Pep would find it necessary to play him. Either way I think it was a massive mistake by Joe and is basically he's made his own bed.

But the interview with chuckle the other night,he admitted it was a very tough decision for him to make,one of the toughest the way he came across regarding Hart,hindsight is a wonderful thing,and so easy to look back and say it was the right call,I was pretty upset the way he was treated,(at the time,not so much now),but whichever way you look at it,Guardiola has fucked Hart's career,along with his own issues I admit,but as I said before and again now,we will never know what could of happened,given a chance.

The most important thing is for us to win trophies,which we have and hopefully will continue to do,so for that I am more than thankful,but always gonna be a part of me that thinks if only it was handled better.

I don't want to go over old ground,but if anyone thinks that Bravo in that first season was better,well,it is all about opinions,but I know what mine are.

But the interview with chuckle the other night,he admitted it was a very tough decision for him to make,one of the toughest the way he came across regarding Hart,hindsight is a wonderful thing,and so easy to look back and say it was the right call,I was pretty upset the way he was treated,(at the time,not so much now),but whichever way you look at it,Guardiola has fucked Hart's career,along with his own issues I admit,but as I said before and again now,we will never know what could of happened,given a chance.

The most important thing is for us to win trophies,which we have and hopefully will continue to do,so for that I am more than thankful,but always gonna be a part of me that thinks if only it was handled better.

I don't want to go over old ground,but if anyone thinks that Bravo in that first season was better,well,it is all about opinions,but I know what mine are.

I've not seen the i/v yet, will have a look on catchup.
Pep's a shrewd guy with the media, whatever went on, he'll deffo present it like you said.

I agree about the bit about could have been handled better, I'm not sure anyone could have predicted how tough it was for Bravo, he's clearly got a great record but so far at least we've only seen snippets of his quality along with an awful lot of inconsistency.

In time we may find out more, but I think its telling that Mancini also wanted Joe out. I suspect that the real issues went on behind closed doors rather than on the pitch.

Sad for Joe though, I hope he gets a club that suits him and he can regain some of his confidence.

Could have been worse...

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.