Will injuries cost us?

When we have spent as much money as we have over the last few years we can't blame injuries for anything.

We just haven't spent as wisely as we needed to nor shifted players that needed shifting.

Very strong side tonight and at the weekend. Weak excuse, all sides get bouts of injuries.
It was a strong side but its not a weak excuse when you compare one clubs list with ours. We have had injuries to our best striker, our best midfielder, our best defender now our best goalie and the latter apart (as we don't know timescales) they have all been lengthy absences ie not just a game or two. I hope to god Hart ain't gonna be out ages, Cabbalero is a clown

Get Eva Carneiro in.....don't recall Chelsea doing much rotation or suffering from too many injuries last season,she must of been doing summat right or they were just lucky.

Our fitness team needs looking out. Not right that so many players are out with muscle injuries.

Things can't be fully blamed on injuries though. We can't legislate for a £50m player missing from 4 yards out.

Despite all the injuries , we have been top of the premiership for most of the season , we qualified for champs league with 2 games to spare , in another group of death , and we have an excellent chance of a League Cup Semi-Final appearance .
Which premiership club is doing as well ?

Arsenal , out of league cup , and have to win a difficult game away from home to qualify for champs league , and have only managed top 4 in the premiership .
Rags , out of league cup , as above for champs league , have been top of the premiership for a few days at most
Chelski , out of league cup , not yet qualified for champs league and having a terrible premiership season
Dippers , in league cup , struggling in mid table in the premiership , and loving the europa league and all the kudos that brings

The tone of some of the posts on this forum is quite unneccassary, constructive criticism is acceptable , out and out abuse of players and management is simply childish. MP does have mitigating circumstances because of injuries to our very best players , regretfully he has made tactical and selection mistakes , all managers do , we have played 20 odd games and only one team has turned us over (Not Spurs , Willy gifted them a goal, then they scored two blatant offside goals, we were the better team at half time , don't believe the hype) the dippers our worst performance of the season by a mile

Give the managers and players a break , they have done OK to keep in contention with the horrendous injury situation , we will get our best players back , and we can then start to enjoy the team at its best , with VK,Zabs,Silva,Aguero match fit , andl flying , no one can touch us in the premiership and only Barca and Bayern would bother me in europe.

You can accuse me of being a happy clapper , or maybe i do not need the football club to be my emotional crutch ,(an accusation we have thrown at rag fans for decades,their sad little lives only becoming bearable in the reflection of their trophy winning teams) ) get behind the f*cking team.

The injuries impact in two additional ways...
1. Not being able to establish a settled line up, especially defence
2. Not being able to rest fit players leading to more injuries.
Result is a tipping point into a downward spiral which we have got into. Even the strongest squads will suffer as a result.

Despite all the injuries , we have been top of the premiership for most of the season , we qualified for champs league with 2 games to spare , in another group of death , and we have an excellent chance of a League Cup Semi-Final appearance .
Which premiership club is doing as well ?

Arsenal , out of league cup , and have to win a difficult game away from home to qualify for champs league , and have only managed top 4 in the premiership .
Rags , out of league cup , as above for champs league , have been top of the premiership for a few days at most
Chelski , out of league cup , not yet qualified for champs league and having a terrible premiership season
Dippers , in league cup , struggling in mid table in the premiership , and loving the europa league and all the kudos that brings

The tone of some of the posts on this forum is quite unneccassary, constructive criticism is acceptable , out and out abuse of players and management is simply childish. MP does have mitigating circumstances because of injuries to our very best players , regretfully he has made tactical and selection mistakes , all managers do , we have played 20 odd games and only one team has turned us over (Not Spurs , Willy gifted them a goal, then they scored two blatant offside goals, we were the better team at half time , don't believe the hype) the dippers our worst performance of the season by a mile

Give the managers and players a break , they have done OK to keep in contention with the horrendous injury situation , we will get our best players back , and we can then start to enjoy the team at its best , with VK,Zabs,Silva,Aguero match fit , andl flying , no one can touch us in the premiership and only Barca and Bayern would bother me in europe.

You can accuse me of being a happy clapper , or maybe i do not need the football club to be my emotional crutch ,(an accusation we have thrown at rag fans for decades,their sad little lives only becoming bearable in the reflection of their trophy winning teams) ) get behind the f*cking team.
Agree that there is probably too much negativity about the place but while there are positives as you mention a lot of serious concerns remain and wishful thinking won't address them. To explain away some of the performances as the outcome of the injury situation or bad refs is too simplistic. I'm praying that we go on a run well into January and everyboby is happy and clappy!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.