Will Leeds United ever be a top club again?

ColinBellsjockstrap

As per thread title..

Please don't let this degenerate into a "dirty" Leeds bashing thread, sensible question,... can the ever get back to a top three club like they were in the Bremner, Charlton, Hunter era..

Leeds is a big city, surely they deserve a top premiership club....no?

Maybe it needs sombody to come in with a massive injection of cash.....

I have never subscribed to this "they are big so deserve...".
You deserve what you get most of the time. Their fans were like a rat on a sinking ship to so i don't count them as a big club tbh.
They have been in div1 for to long to be considered a big club, they just happen to be the only club in a large city.

Either way i don't see any sign they will do anything like making a go of the prem soon.
They may in the distant future but i can't see them doing fuck all for a long time.

TCIB said:
I have never subscribed to this "they are big so deserve...".
You deserve what you get most of the time. Their fans were like a rat on a sinking ship to so i don't count them as a big club tbh.
They have been in div1 for to long to be considered a big club, they just happen to be the only club in a large city.

Either way i don't see any sign they will do anything like making a go of the prem soon.
They may in the distant future but i can't see them doing fuck all for a long time.
Hear bloody hear. I'm sick of saying the same thing to the abundance of Wigan haters on here who say they don't deserve a place in the PL because they get low crowds. I must have been out of the office when the memo was circulated stating that the size of support is a key requirement in allocating a place in the "greed is good" PL. I always thought it was down to what the players do on the pitch. Leeds (and Wigan, and Wolves, and both Shefield clubs etc etc) are where they deserve to be, simply because they haven't done the business on the pitch. In Leeds' case, they can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.

3 League titles
1 FA Cup
1 League Cup
+ Some minor trophy's and plenty of bridesmaids appearances

They've NEVER had a 60,000 crowd at home in their history.

None of the above major trophy's were won before 1968, therefore do Leeds warrant being called a top club?

PS Im biased... im old... i hate Leeds

Just because you've won stuff in the past doesn't mean you deserve it. I'd like to see the likes of Derby, Forest, Leeds back up though as they all have a decent following

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
As per thread title..

Please don't let this degenerate into a "dirty" Leeds bashing thread, sensible question,... can the ever get back to a top three club like they were in the Bremner, Charlton, Hunter era..

Leeds is a big city, surely they deserve a top premiership club....no?

Maybe it needs sombody to come in with a massive injection of cash.....

could be, only snag is ffp. teams like them and your sheff wed and forest are fucked by it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.