Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered fluke/One off?

Certainly not a fluke but they've taken advantage of a set of unusual circumstances where City/Chelsea/rags all changed managers and where they were the only title contenders not to be playing in any European competition, or the latter stages of any domestic cup competition.

Put it this way, even if they do win it this year, I'd be hugely surprised if they were favourites, or even second favourites, next season.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
dekabreak said:
Better question would be, are they a one-season wonder?

So would 'if you could suck yourself off, would you give it a try?'
Or 'does God exist in a cruel and random universe'.
But neither were what the OP actually asked.
Actually I may start that first one in the Cellar later when I'm suitably pissed and ban-proof.
Which one?

aguero93:20 said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
dekabreak said:
Better question would be, are they a one-season wonder?

So would 'if you could suck yourself off, would you give it a try?'
Or 'does God exist in a cruel and random universe'.
But neither were what the OP actually asked.
Actually I may start that first one in the Cellar later when I'm suitably pissed and ban-proof.
Which one?
I would answer yes to all 5 of the questions ;)

On the topic of the question I refuse to be a rag from 2012 so I will not be calling accumulating enough points to finish first in the league a fluke
there may be certain things that have happened that have allowed it but it wont be a fluke
Nobody wins A league title by luck

3 plastic dippers in work (Manc/Oldham/Chester) already planning their big day and booking the Monday off work. Although they will have it won before the final day anyway apparently.

Their new found arrogance winds me up to fuck.

I do love the irony of folk who support a team who won the Premiership on goal difference in injury time of the last game of the season claiming that a team who will have won 14 games on the run have somehow fluked the title.
It's like saying that Frankel would have been a shit racehorse if only the other horses had run faster.
If there is one thing you can't fluke it is a gruelling 38 game Premiership campaign.
Some folk have let the hate seep into their walnut-sized brains here.

afc16 said:
i wouldn't say fluke.

on the injuries front, i don't count injuries to the odd player at a time as a injury crisis. liverpool may have had players out, but your talking 1 or 2 at a time. we lost our best player for over 3 months at the same time as losing the next best 3 or 4 players. since the turn of the year we've played for long periods without ramsey/walcott/wilshere/ozil. we also lost podolski and ox for almost 5 months.

also you say things even out over the season, but do they really? liverpool have had 12 pens against our 3!! that is not even. against hull we had 2 clear as day pens not given (ox and ozil).

The odd player at a time is an interesting way of describing an entire starting defense being out injured.

The penalty thing has been debunked. To Blues credit, they don't harp on that one....probably because they're also a very attacking team, so they know that a team that plays 100MPH and attacks the box is statistically more likely to get more penalties. Some calls will be 50-50 or even wrong.

However, you sound like you're using the injury excuse again for your team. Every year? You have a better team than us, let alone Chelsea or City. Should be able to cope no? City had injuries too. It's not that only Arsenal get injuries.

BoyBlue_1985 said:

the same squad that was 11pts clear champions.....now in seventh. we all knew how shit they were last year,shown this year.

i always felt just like last year the scum cheated to win (i.e. use backroom staff to badger and intimidate officials and remind them of their past poor decisions against them. Only 5/12 merited a proper winning team ,imo. )

I agree^^^^^ with the exception of the scum.

If you shake up the milk the cream rises to the top, the best team wins the league as they have accumulated the most points over a long tough season, IF they win it, it will most certainly not be a fluke.

Having said that I think they'll lose on Sunday and we'll win it on goal difference.

superseiyan said:
afc16 said:
i wouldn't say fluke.

on the injuries front, i don't count injuries to the odd player at a time as a injury crisis. liverpool may have had players out, but your talking 1 or 2 at a time. we lost our best player for over 3 months at the same time as losing the next best 3 or 4 players. since the turn of the year we've played for long periods without ramsey/walcott/wilshere/ozil. we also lost podolski and ox for almost 5 months.

also you say things even out over the season, but do they really? liverpool have had 12 pens against our 3!! that is not even. against hull we had 2 clear as day pens not given (ox and ozil).

The odd player at a time is an interesting way of describing an entire starting defense being out injured.

The penalty thing has been debunked. To Blues credit, they don't harp on that one....probably because they're also a very attacking team, so they know that a team that plays 100MPH and attacks the box is statistically more likely to get more penalties. Some calls will be 50-50 or even wrong.

However, you sound like you're using the injury excuse again for your team. Every year? You have a better team than us, let alone Chelsea or City. Should be able to cope no? City had injuries too. It's not that only Arsenal get injuries.
Shh. It is. ;)

des hardi said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

the same squad that was 11pts clear champions.....now in seventh. we all knew how shit they were last year,shown this year.

i always felt just like last year the scum cheated to win (i.e. use backroom staff to badger and intimidate officials and remind them of their past poor decisions against them. Only 5/12 merited a proper winning team ,imo. )

I agree^^^^^ with the exception of the scum.

Could be more to do with slur. I actually said to my mate I think his greatest managerial achievement was getting that bunch of shit to win the league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.