Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered fluke/One off?

i wouldn't say fluke. id describe it more as a huge amount of good fortune and things going their way which will help them win the title (if they do). obviously none of that means anything unless you also play good football to make the most of it, which liverpool have.

on the extra games front, apparently the other top teams have played around 15+ more games then liverpool. thats not far off half a league season. thats going to have a major effect on the squad.

on the injuries front, i don't count injuries to the odd player at a time as a injury crisis. liverpool may have had players out, but your talking 1 or 2 at a time. we lost our best player for over 3 months at the same time as losing the next best 3 or 4 players. since the turn of the year we've played for long periods without ramsey/walcott/wilshere/ozil. we also lost podolski and ox for almost 5 months.

that had a clear impact on our results as up to that point in jan, we were the best team in the league.

it would be the equivelent of liverpool losing sturridge suarez sterling gerrard and coutinho at the same time for months. do you really think liveprool would be where they are if that happened?

also you say things even out over the season, but do they really? liverpool have had 12 pens against our 3!! that is not even. against hull we had 2 clear as day pens not given (ox and ozil).

Also, they'll flop in CL the same way we did when Bobby was around. In a low seed which means that they'll be in the group of death (unless they get the big Portuguese two or if Porto don't make it, Schalke), and the weight of CL football will take its toll next season, just like last season

Re: Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered a fluke?

tiggsywiggsywoo said:
No you cannot fluke a full season. Who ever wins it deserves it.

They've been in great form for a season and half now. IIRC in the second half of last season Liverpool pulled in one of the highest or highest (I'm not certain) points total in the league.

dekabreak said:
Better question would be, are they a one-season wonder?

So would 'if you could suck yourself off, would you give it a try?'
Or 'does God exist in a cruel and random universe'.
But neither were what the OP actually asked.
Actually I may start that first one in the Cellar later when I'm suitably pissed and ban-proof.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.