Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered fluke/One off?

Re: Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered a fluke?

Will Liverpool title win (if) be considered a fluke?

No

manchester blue said:
stonerblue said:
Rich lfc said:
Vermin, very nice thanks for that.

Fuck me 'rich', there's page after page of Blues saying good stuff about lfc but you seem to wanna focus on the odd negative post.

It was aimed at United anyway mate not Liverpool if you go back and reread it. That's how I read it anyway.

Yep I see that now, spec savers for me.

They're not better than us in terms of personnel. What they are better than us at is their desire to win matches especially against teams considered to be inferior. We seem to turn up to these types of games with the wrong attitude and invariably have been turned over this season. I don't know why we have but we have. At the time of writing they have won 11 league matches on the bounce and that takes total commitment and 100% concentration.

I'd say whoever wins the league deserves it. It's a long season and after 38 games in all sorts of conditions the best team overall will invariably be at the top at the end of it all.

Let's give credit where credit's due and congratulate them in a manner that befits true sportsmen. Let's not be bitter and look for excuses and blame refs, injuries, media etc. Let's learn from it (if we do miss out that is) and let's be stronger for it next time around.

manchester blue said:
stonerblue said:
Rich lfc said:
Vermin, very nice thanks for that.

Fuck me 'rich', there's page after page of Blues saying good stuff about lfc but you seem to wanna focus on the odd negative post.

It was aimed at United anyway mate not Liverpool if you go back and reread it. That's how I read it anyway.
Correct. That's my term of insult of choice for our quiet neighbours from Trafford.

Cityinmyheart said:
Genuine reasons?

1. No extra matches in Europe
2. Early domestic cup Elimination.
3. Luck with Injuries.(Suarez never seems to get injured)
4 .Media love in and bias.
5.Huge refereeing decisions going in their favour.
6.More than fair share of Luck.

Discuss

All 6
Especially number 5
Cheating cunts

You cant win the league by fluke, its 38 games. Liverpool have won 11/11 while their rivals have faltered, Good luck to them, its not a fluke, but for me its definitely a one off. Not that they care.

It wouldn't be a fluke, no, over 38 games they'd have accumulated more points than anyone else. They've had a significant advantage over other sides though. They've only played 5 additional games this season, in the 2 domestic cup competitions, and obviously none on Europe. When you compare that to the additional games played by City and Chelsea (who are still playing those additional games) it makes a big difference. If Liverpool win the title it won't be by a landslide, it'll be tight, by a handful of points at most, there's no way I'll ever be convinced that Liverpool would have been able to go on an 11 game league match winning run at this point of the season if they'd had to play 15 extra games, or were still in a cup competition. They'd have dropped points, as they'd have had to rest/rotate players, and their squad simply isn't deep enough to cope with that. In my opinion Liverpool don't win the title if they have the same number of games to play as City and Chelsea.

waspish said:
What run of luck did we have when we won the league? Can't remember referees bending over for us it's was the opposite and the scum got all the decisions that season

Only the rags' total collapse from an unassailable position. It was freakish.

Ducado said:
Rich lfc said:
So we've scored the most goals in the league, won the most games, lost the least, are on an 11 game winning streak wih a very very small squad and it's a fluke, there are some decent level headed posters on here but there are also some unbelievably bitter fans on here, please don't moan about rawk and redcafe, this site is every it as bad.

And you are a guest on here!

Maybe, but we should be able to accept honest criticism. The guy's making a fair point IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.