Will ManC be looking at bringing in a new keeper?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Marty said:
Arsenal - Almunia and Fabianski
Aston Villa - Friedel and Guzan
Chelsea - Cech and Turnbull
Liverpool - Reina and Cavalieri
Man United - Van Der Sar and Foster
Tottenham - Gomes and Cudicini

Hoonestly, only Tottenham have a better back up keeper in my opinion.

Taylor isn't fantastic but back ups hardly ever are. If they were any good they'd wouldn't be back up.
Hang on did you miss the FACT that he was 4th choice last year at Villa, which means unless I'm totally mistaken O'Neill ranked 2 goalkeepers higher as back up and Foster as much as I might dislike him is still picked ahead of him for England, so people that have had a chance to work with him rank him below an additional 3 on that list.

I'm bumping this incase anybody from the club is reading

trying to thing of who is out there that would come and join!

Craig Gordon (Sunderland)
Robert Green (west Ham)
David James (Portsmouth)
Sergio Asenjo(Athletico Madrid)
Rene Adler (Leverkusen)
Samir Handanovic (Udinese)
Andrea Consigli (Atlanta)

Igor Aknifeev (CSKA Moskow)
- prob wouldn't come due to champions league or have to play second fiddle

if they're looking to bring a new keep in for long term, then i'd go for manuel neuer from schalke 04, him and hart would push each other to the limits for a number of yrs, wether he'd be happy taking his turn on the bench though would be another matter.
hart will only get better and better out on loan at birmingham, as for a short term keeper, not many spring to mind who would be happy sitting on the bench as understudy to shay, maybe that begovic from pompey or one allan mcgregor from rangers.

MadchesterCity said:
DontLookBackInAnger said:
Hang on did you miss the FACT that he was 4th choice last year at Villa, which means unless I'm totally mistaken O'Neill ranked 2 goalkeepers higher as back up and Foster as much as I might dislike him is still picked ahead of him for England, so people that have had a chance to work with him rank him below an additional 3 on that list.

I'm bumping this incase anybody from the club is reading

trying to thing of who is out there that would come and join!

Craig Gordon (Sunderland)
Robert Green (west Ham)
David James (Portsmouth)
Sergio Asenjo(Athletico Madrid)
Rene Adler (Leverkusen)
Samir Handanovic (Udinese)
Andrea Consigli (Atlanta)

Igor Aknifeev (CSKA Moskow)
- prob wouldn't come due to champions league or have to play second fiddle
Most of those are first team goalkeepers. The problems lies with the fact that Shay is not only very good, he's hardly ever injured. We get Joe back in the summer, however I'd suspect he'll be straight back out on loan. For the time being I doubt Mancini will see the goalkeeping department as one that needs any improvement.

He could bring in a youngster(17-20) but then will he be happy knowing that he's only a few years younger than Joe and he too wont get a game.

All we need is a decent stop gap back up until Shay retires and Joe becomes number one, which Taylor is.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=10&t=156138</a>
David Gonzalez, people were saying he was on trial and is to sign in jan but this was under hughes! I checked it out and it fits he is currently without a club! To be honest i know very little about him!

Keepers at city at the moment are
Shay Given
Stuart Taylor
Tobias Johansen
Gunnar Nielsen

Youth team keepers
Nathan Dean
Eirik Johansen
Loris Karius
James Wood

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.