Will Mancini be sacked if we lose tonight?

He was at it the last time we played in CL and he's at it again..

<a class="postlink" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_qtvgE3s1w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_qtvgE3s1w</a>

No danger of him being sacked providing we qualify for the Champions League and we make a decent title defence. As long we learn from our mistakes when playing next seasons campaign.

Mancini has one last shot at Europe or he is out

For me he should have one more chance to prove his worth in Europe and qualify out of the group stage and if he fluffs it he is out, he will be managing the club next season I believe this to be almost certain as I don't see us finishing outside the top 3 and of course we have n't lost yet so the Title is ours if we play to our ability.

However saying that even if he wins the PL, EL and the Fa Cup this year I would still sack him if he cocked it up in the group again. Once he gets out of the group then providing we finish in the top four he stays as manager, although I would review his managerial performances in the knockout stage and if it pointed against progress though of course considering who our opponents were then I might be inclined to sack him even after a last 16 exit in the competition, quarter finals guarantees his future tenure unless he does something on the level of playing silva at LB or Zableta upfront.

How do the board see the situation? Surely 3 chances to qualify would be enough any failure on the 3rd time is unacceptable regardless of group opponents.

Re: Mancini has one last shot at Europe or he is out

Im glad you made a new thread as this topic hasn't been covered elsewhere.......

Re: Mancini has one last shot at Europe or he is out

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
For me he should have one more chance to prove his worth in Europe and qualify out of the group stage and if he fluffs it he is out, he will be managing the club next season I believe this to be almost certain as I don't see us finishing outside the top 3 and of course we have n't lost yet so the Title is ours if we play to our ability.

However saying that even if he wins the PL, EL and the Fa Cup this year I would still sack him if he cocked it up in the group again. Once he gets out of the group then providing we finish in the top four he stays as manager, although I would review his managerial performances in the knockout stage and if it pointed against progress though of course considering who our opponents were then I might be inclined to sack him even after a last 16 exit in the competition, quarter finals guarantees his future tenure unless he does something on the level of playing silva at LB or Zableta upfront.

How do the board see the situation? Surely 3 chances to qualify would be enough any failure on the 3rd time is unacceptable regardless of group opponents.

Fergie failed at his first four attempts and we all know what has transpired since.

I wouldn't mind winning a trophy every year especially the premiership even if we come up short in the Chumps League.

Its really what we do in the premiership that RM will be judged on especially if he works deep into his current contract.

I hope he is still with us in five years time because it will mean we have done well in the domestic front but I do take your point that if we qualify next year irrespective of what pot we are in the owners would expect progress.

We probably should have taken another three points off Ajax all thingd being equal but even that would mean we wouldn't have gone through this year.

Dortmund have set themselves for a real tilt this year having won the local title in the past two years but it may well be at the expense of a third straight title.

Really dont know the owners will save him after a potential third CL fiasco in a row?

Lets say we win the league this season. CL draw: deathgroup again. August-December, another CL fiasco cannot reach next stage 3rd time in a row.
Will he stay? Probably but has to win the league maybe 3rd time in a row for that as CL expectations are going up every year...

Lets say he doesnt win the league this season? Will he stay? Probably.
Then CL draw another deathgroup. August-December another CL fiasco.
Will he stay? Maybe only if we are top of the league at that moment.

If he can stay after 3 CL fiascos already in group stages in 3 years dont see a reason why he couldnt stay after 4. So that 3rd time will be a big factor.

But next time he really cannot cry about the draw as now he made our coefficient worse.

Barca-Juve-City-Dortmund.

Easily can be that next year.

The seeding and draw is corrupt, then throw in a couple of bent refs and our chances become limited. Ok we wer'nt at our best but only Dortmund outplayed us, we are better than the table shows. Uefa know they given a fair draw we'd dominate Europe aswell as the prem and they seriously don't want that. Mancini is a top manager, as good as anyone, any manager would struggle against what we come up against.

Ray78 said:
No danger of him being sacked providing we qualify for the Champions League and we make a decent title defence.

So you believe such mediocracy is sufficient and qualifies as a successful season? and subsequently the above scenario is the best we can do regardless of the manager?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.