Will Mancini be sacked if we lose tonight?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
vlad06 said:
Mancini will never be sacked.

A man who works without any pressure whatsoever is no good to us.

All things come to an end, good or bad.

Mourinho makes no excuses for himself, because he doesn't expect it from anyone else.

Our owners have rationale, they don't do carte blanche.

jelly and ice cream

bouncy castle

we're avin a party

I'm not Mancini's greatest fan. I like him in lots of ways but I see lots of faults too and ultimately I think he's a very poor tactician. But I think it's ludicrous for the media to think we'd get rid of him because we are a bit disappointing in Europe. Are they complete morons? Don't they know us by now. It's not like the club suddenly sprung out of nowhere. We did exist before the money and it''s been a while now since we've had the money. Shouldn't they have some idea as to what the character of the fans is? Or maybe I'm not representative of most fans but to me Europe is only a "nice to have" bonus. I couldn't give a toss about the CL before we got in and now I only barely do. Obviously I want us to win any game and especially ones against really decent opposition but only for the sake of looking good to the rest of the world. It's just a PR excercise imo. Somewhere between a friendly and a premier league game.

What matters is the League and the FA cup. If Mancini disappoints in those then my only concern is whether a new guy can be any better. Mancini deserves to stay in his job becasue there is no one better available to win us the league again.

If we win it this year I may warm a tad more to Roberto :-)

I enjoyed Mancini laughing and Jose when he walked down the tunnel and blanked him, classless twat he is… Mancini has learned lessons tonight and we was better than Madrid, Next year will be our year

The thing is, a lot of us have watched City for many years without the threat of success and the fact we are now winning things doesnt change us to glory hunters.
Its the glory at all cost clubs such as Chelsea that dont want to think long term. We generally have a different perspective and are grateful for what we have.
Roberto Mancini has been successful with us and there is nothing to suggest this cannot continue. There is also of course no guaruntee that Alex Furgusson or Maurinho would have done as well.
I still think the general consensus is that we are progressing as a club and a team and while that is happening, let Bobby get on with it.
Yes we would like to do better in Europe but it wont be the end of the world if we win the league again.
In Bobby we trust.

mancityvstoke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
vlad06 said:
Mancini will never be sacked.

Mourinho makes no excuses for himself, because he doesn't expect it from anyone else.

jelly and ice cream

bouncy castle

we're avin a party

Strawberry flavour, please.

I also have a bottle of Domaine da la Romanee Grand Cru just dying to be drunk to his demise.

ChrisNUFC said:
Would be interested to know what the breakdown of Pro/Con Mancini supporters is?

Surely after what he has done that must be enough to have the backing of the majority regardless of some below par performances in Europe.

This is not about Pro or Con Mancini - I have total respect for the guy, What I would say is there are better out there and if they became available then it wouldn't be a bad thing if we went for it

Mancini has been excellent for the club. -

What if we fail again in the CL next season and our closest rivals decide to go for it and we don't achieve or produce in the league - How will the fans feel? It's a state of mind at a point in time - Football fans are very fickle

We are still Euphoric on the back of the last 2/3 seasons - our owners will look at the bigger/wider picture - that's success both on and off the pitch. They ultimately make the decisions. As a club we should be striving for the best.

Mancini gets paid in excess of £5m a year to do this job - if somebody else came along and offered him more - I'm sure he would go. I know I would.

My loyalty lies with the club and not any 1 person be it Mancini today, Pep/Jose/Klopp tomorrow. I'm neither Con or Pro Mancini - I am pro MCFC

crystal_mais said:
ChrisNUFC said:
Would be interested to know what the breakdown of Pro/Con Mancini supporters is?

Surely after what he has done that must be enough to have the backing of the majority regardless of some below par performances in Europe.

This is not about Pro or Con Mancini - I have total respect for the guy, What I would say is there are better out there and if they became available then it wouldn't be a bad thing if we went for it

Mancini has been excellent for the club. The guy gets paid in excess of £5m a year to do this job - if somebody else came along and offered him more - I'm sure he would go. I know I would -

What if we fail again in the CL next season and our closest rivals decide to go for it and we don't achieve or produce in the league - How will the fans feel? It's a state of mind at a point in time - Football fans are very fickle

We are still Euphoric on the back of the last 2/3 seasons - our owners will look at the bigger/wider picture - that's success both on and off the pitch. They ultimately make the decisions. As a club we should be striving for the best.

Mancini gets paid in excess of £5m a year to do this job - if somebody else came along and offered him more - I'm sure he would go. I know I would.

My loyalty lies with the club and not any 1 person be it Mancini today, Pep/Jose/Klopp tomorrow. I'm neither Con or Pro Mancini - I am pro MCFC

Great post. The embolden bit is something that seems to have been forgotten somewhat today.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancityvstoke said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

jelly and ice cream

bouncy castle

we're avin a party

I also have a bottle of Domaine da la Romanee Grand Cru just dying to be drunk to his demise.

That's the most middle class thing anybody has ever said on a football forum.

Damocles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
mancityvstoke said:
jelly and ice cream

bouncy castle

we're avin a party

That's the most middle class thing anybody has ever said on a football forum.

Haha - I used to drink Dandelion and Burdock in the gutters growing up in Moss Side.

A nine-and-half-pence mix, the sniff of a Westlers on a matchday...

Like I say, all things must come to an end, good and bad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.