Will Mancini be sacked if we lose tonight?

Haha - I used to drink Dandelion and Burdock in the gutters growing up in Moss Side.

You should have invested in a chair mate.

But the point somebody else made about Ferguson is a good one. Some managers thrive without pressure. Not sure which Mancini is, but his record suggests that he plays his best football when on the verge of getting the sack.

Re: Mancini has one last shot at Europe or he is out

Chippy_boy said:
de niro said:
Chippy_boy said:
I mean this as constructive criticism.

If you paid more attention to your punctuation and capitals and paragraphs, people might better understand what on earth you are going on about.

Scanning the monologue above, I have no clue.

i have to defend the guy here, apart from text speak as long as we can read a post that's all that's reqd, i too struggle with commas and that but still have strong views i want to express.

bit precious there chippy.

I was being genuine. I really struggle to read and comprehend posts like that. Maybe it's just me.

yet us thickies follow it perfectly, yep it's definitely you.

Forget about tactics and formations etc. for a minute, the one thing that drives me crazy about Mancini is the interviews. I am not joking when I say they are mind numbingly boring and totally confusing. I want a manager who gives some inspirational comments about my team (OK...I'm not asking for Winston Churchill), a manager who gees you up and gets the blood racing a bit. I really wish that I could look forward to his interviews but, for me, they are such an anti-climax....I even prefer listening to the interviews of other managers sometimes which, at least, offer a bit of entertainment.

Fortunately for Mancini, I looked in the rule book and you cannot be sacked for totally under performing at pre and post match interviews????!!!!. Come on Roberto....you can do better.

de niro said:
The seeding and draw is corrupt, then throw in a couple of bent refs and our chances become limited. Ok we wer'nt at our best but only Dortmund outplayed us, we are better than the table shows. Uefa know they given a fair draw we'd dominate Europe aswell as the prem and they seriously don't want that. Mancini is a top manager, as good as anyone, any manager would struggle against what we come up against.

It was even harder draw for Dortmund as we arguably have significantly better squad then them. Yet they are 8 points ahead with a game spare. It could easily finish with them on 14 points and us on 3.

Mancini should not be questioned so soon after winning the league but this CL campaign was nothing less than as embarrassment as much as it is embarrassment to not being able to accept is as that.

Dropping from this group should never be a shame in some normal way, one great team had to drop but dropping on the way we did it is and should definitely be treated as last CL fail for Mancini by owners and board. WInning domestic trophies is great and tbh, I'd rather see City to win another few PL titles than to reach CL semifinals or so but it's too big project for domestic trophies to be enough.

MSP said:
de niro said:
The seeding and draw is corrupt, then throw in a couple of bent refs and our chances become limited. Ok we wer'nt at our best but only Dortmund outplayed us, we are better than the table shows. Uefa know they given a fair draw we'd dominate Europe aswell as the prem and they seriously don't want that. Mancini is a top manager, as good as anyone, any manager would struggle against what we come up against.

It was even harder draw for Dortmund as we arguably have significantly better squad then them. Yet they are 8 points ahead with a game spare. It could easily finish with them on 14 points and us on 3.

Mancini should not be questioned so soon after winning the league but this CL campaign was nothing less than as embarrassment as much as it is embarrassment to not being able to accept is as that.

Dropping from this group should never be a shame in some normal way, one great team had to drop but dropping on the way we did it is and should definitely be treated as last CL fail for Mancini by owners and board. WInning domestic trophies is great and tbh, I'd rather see City to win another few PL titles than to reach CL semifinals or so but it's too big project for domestic trophies to be enough.

I agree with most of what you have said MSP, it was a tough group but the manner of the defeat rather than defeat itself is the hardest to take, as I said earlier regardless of how many trophies he wins this year, even if he wins the lot I would give him one more chance in Europe to get out of the group and then either call it a day and get rid , or keep him in the job until the end of next season if it meant winning the league. However even after that I would still dismiss him, as we quite frankly could n't afford to let him take charge of another CL campaign.

br62 said:
Forget about tactics and formations etc. for a minute, the one thing that drives me crazy about Mancini is the interviews. I am not joking when I say they are mind numbingly boring and totally confusing. I want a manager who gives some inspirational comments about my team (OK...I'm not asking for Winston Churchill), a manager who gees you up and gets the blood racing a bit. I really wish that I could look forward to his interviews but, for me, they are such an anti-climax....I even prefer listening to the interviews of other managers sometimes which, at least, offer a bit of entertainment.

Fortunately for Mancini, I looked in the rule book and you cannot be sacked for totally under performing at pre and post match interviews????!!!!. Come on Roberto....you can do better.

I marvel at his astute and savvy handling of the press, even when he has appeared to lose his patience with things on occasion.

No he didnt get sacked but he needs to start getting is act together in europe.Last night the midfield was light with just Yaya Toure being are only midfield player.Come on Mancini lets start with are best team and stop messing with the formation.

MSP said:
de niro said:

22414522.jpg

A few reporters are suggesting that he will not be sacked but will not get any money to spend in January

cibaman said:
A few reporters are suggesting that he will not be sacked but will not get any money to spend in January

That should be okay though as we have a good squad as it is. But if we sell one or two I expect that money would be made available for player purchases.

We seem to be very active in bringing in young players though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.