Will prices ever drop

Not really, most retailers are passing on increased costs, if they don’t they would go out of business and your choice would be reduced.
You solution only works if most retailers are profiteering, most aren’t.
Increased utility bills in the last year has seen a few of my shop neighbours close their doors , including a couple of my competitors.
Yeah utility bills are separate from my comments, I’m talking the luxuries; beer, wine, footy tickets etc. Don’t pay for them, they’ll reduce in price. But we all moan, then hand over the cash

Yeah utility bills are separate from my comments, I’m talking the luxuries; beer, wine, footy tickets etc. Don’t pay for them, they’ll reduce in price. But we all moan, then hand over the cash
I know but I’m talking about a beauty salon a couple of restaurants and a coffee shop and a bakery,and their increased overheads, all were in a position where they needed put prices up to a level they believed people would take your suggested action and not pay what they would need to charge to make a living. They chose to close or try and sell their business's. 2 of those shops are now standing empty one is a vape shop, one has been taken over.
Other shops that raised their prices are struggling because they have lost customers but their options are to tough it out or close, reducing prices isn’t an option without going under.

I know but I’m talking about a beauty salon a couple of restaurants and a coffee shop and a bakery,and their increased overheads, all were in a position where they needed put prices up to a level they believed people would take your suggested action and not pay what they would need to charge to make a living. They chose to close or try and sell their business's. 2 of those shops are now standing empty one is a vape shop, one has been taken over.
Other shops that raised their prices are struggling because they have lost customers but their options are to tough it out or close, reducing prices isn’t an option without going under.
But is that needed to make the originators drop their prices?

But is that needed to make the originators drop their prices?
The main driver was gas / electricty prices , particularly in the cases of the bakers and restaurants.The other cost increases came mainly from dairy prices not quite sure what was driving the butter / cheese etc prices.
As a an example in our coffee shop the price we were paying for Cheese,especially Brie trippled we either had to put up the price of our cheese / Brie based sandwiches or stop making money on them.We increased the price quite dramatically.
We fully expected to sell less Brie and were prepared to stop selling it, rather than reduce the price.As it happened it made not the slightest difference to our sales, but we aren’t making quite as much profit as we were before we increaed the price.
Edit, thinking about it dairy prices shot up same time as fuel and electric, presume the production costs were driving that increase too.

The other cost increases came mainly from dairy prices not quite sure what was driving the butter / cheese etc prices.
It was due to natural gas prices being high making fertiliser (ammonium nitrate) expensive and hence animal feed, coupled with the reduction in consumption over Covid (restaurants being shut) causing dairy prices to fall to a level where it became unsustainable for farmers. This meant that they reduced the size of their dairy heard.

France poured millions of gallons of wine away recently rather than reduce the price because they had an excess of it

France poured millions of gallons of wine away recently rather than reduce the price because they had an excess of it
You see that with lots of products which to me should be made illegal as its a waste of resources purely for profit. The designer clothes companies do it so that it doesn't devalue the brand.

The cost of wine is very noticeable in its increase. Being priced out of it in I’m honest, which my diabetes is absolutely fucking ecstatic about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.