Will prices ever drop

We might see some prices drop where things like high energy prices have pushed production costs up, but a lot of it is stickier than that - if a company has just given its workforce a 5% payrise, it's not going to be able to drop its prices to the previous levels.

General price reductions would mean deflation which are a disaster for an economy. What we've got to wait for is inflation to fall back to preferred levels, although suspect the 2% is going to take quite a while to get to.

Much of the mortgage pain hasn't hit yet due to fixed rates, but people are going to get a shock as their 1.5% deal becomes 6%, so if they think they're struggling now... Unfortunately, the only way out of high inflation is to reduce demand and we're not going to do it voluntarily

And breath.

It's all your fault. If you don't pay £6.10 a pint then prices will come down. But you paid it. Well done for that.
I didnt my mate did he gave them £20 note for 4 pints when she said it wasn’t enough he nearly fainted, haha, needless to say we fucked off after that, I got my round in the Millstone just before, cheap as chips ;)

Car insurance renewal time......the quotes are a pisstake from this time last year.

I'm stating the obvious but if you have a partner with no claims in the last 5 years then add them on pal.

Shop around on comparison sites, I've not stuck with one insurer for more than a year because their default renewal quote has been ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.