Will prices ever drop

I'm stating the obvious but if you have a partner with no claims in the last 5 years then add them on pal.

Shop around on comparison sites, I've not stuck with one insurer for more than a year because their default renewal quote has been ridiculous.
Got the Mrs on,but I'll keep hunting,it's jumped 100 notes across the board on Go Compare.
Salford postcode ain't helping.....

I put mine up to cover fuel. We also use a lot of gas and electric with our machines, so that needs to be covered. Would I bring the prices down if these costs were reduced, which they wont......doubt it very much. I probably wouldn't raise them again for a while unless of course the market dictates.

Myself and Mrs. Biggie used to enjoy going out for a drink or two at weekends but now we tend to stay in and drink at home, it's a lot cheaper and no drugged up cunts spoiling it for us.
My local charges £6 a pint for a premium lager.

I'd much rather have a few drinks at home on the perfect draft with some vinyl on the go or watch sport on the TV.

City and gigs aside, I will only go out properly once every 4 to 6 weeks. I think lockdown made me realise how much money you waste drinking out and you can have a nice chilled time at home and save money. Don't get me wrong, I f*cking hated lockdown. I've definitely toned it down with going out. I used to see it as a weekly necessity where as now I view it as a treat.

We might see some prices drop where things like high energy prices have pushed production costs up, but a lot of it is stickier than that - if a company has just given its workforce a 5% payrise, it's not going to be able to drop its prices to the previous levels.
That’s the nub of it, as you say prices are sticky downwards. Salaries influence every part of the supply chain, so unless there is a major recession with swathes of job losses which would reduce overall salaries and significantly impact demand; the only downward movement in prices would be as a result of:-

• Reduced Energy costs - although these are lower than a year or so ago, they still are much higher than back in 2020.
  • Reduced distribution costs, unlikely due to the war and control by OPEC of oil prices.
  • A glut of a produce, bumper harvest. This is unlikely due to the effects of the war in Ukraine with respect to wheat, global warming and increased demand from a growing population.
  • Reduced costs in the supply chain - once again unlikely, even in the poorest parts of the world, wages are rising and people are rightly demanding a better standard of living.
  • Changes in taxation of certain products.
  • Multinationals accepting lower margins and shareholder returns (the day that happens I’ll eat my hat)
So aside from some radical new technology suddenly appearing, high prices are here to stay. No doubt there will be tinkering around the edges, some things getting discounted in order to attract more customers and then return back to full price but that’s about it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.