Will/Should Lescott be Vinny's Partner Next Season?

He was brilliant tonight, and has been for a few weeks now.

If he can maintain this then that 24million wont seem half as bad.

Well done Joleon.

played some fantastic balls forward tonight and delighted for his goal. His pace isn't the best but he often negates that with his positioning. He's done nothing wrong to warrant being benched.

Braggster said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
Vast gaping weaknesses bla bla bla.

Who is the best center half in the premiership? The answer is likely to be Vidic.Would you say he has vast gaping weaknesses because I think he and Lescott are very similar.

Joleon is playing magnificently and has been for ages now so for me you can stick the vast gaping weaknesses where the sun doesnt shine and concentrate on the quality of his defending rather than trying to find something to moan about.

I knew some clever clogs would do some cheap point scoring. Well done.

He played well tonight (though to be fair he didn't have a great many threats to deal with). But really Stoke had nothing in the locker to exploit the issues he has. I'm not having a moan, I like the guy, I think that he has had a decent season. There are definitely worse premier league centre backs. Bit of a mystery why the goal threat he's always had from set pieces had disappeared so hopefully his goal isn't a one off.

The real question though, is whether he's a centre half you'd trust in a big champions league game, or one who is good enough to fit into our possession game. Ultimately (and this is harsh, I admit) he isn't. That's why I'd replace him, in an ideal world.

Though as I said above, I could live with him staying in the team next season.

On Vidic - to an extent they're similar (definitely have some similar weaknesses) but Vidic is just a savvier, more consistent operator. Better in the tackle as well.

Cheap point scoring! What the hell are you talking about?

I just think you are wrong. Damned with faint praise, iI think is the phrase for what you did in your post.

It's not just Vidic but the vast majority of stopper center backs can be accused of having weaknesses if that's what you want to focus on.Why not list that he isn't good at crossing with his right foot !

He has been maintaining possession superbly in the last couple of months by just passing simple.It's what he does, it's what top players like him do.

Should Lescott be CB next season? On current form, absolutely yes.
Will he be? Somehow I get the feeling Mancini is not convinced and will buy another centre half this summer, but time will tell..

I wasn't keen when I heard City were after Lescott, I was even less keen when we payed the amount of money for him we did...However, the last few months, he's been brilliant.

Tonight was probably his best all round performance, not only was he defensively as good as he has been recently, but his distribution and ability on the ball was top notch. I'm really pleased for him that he capped such a good performance with a goal. Long may it continue!

I think with his recent form he deserves the chance to start again next season where he has left this season. If kolo is to be out for a while I can see us signing a new cb but I hope Lescott is still given his chance.

I thought he had a great game tonight, he looked comfortable on the ball and he played some great forward balls too, capped with a goal, great all round performance tonight.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.