Will/Should Lescott be Vinny's Partner Next Season?

HellasLEAF said:
I like Lescott with Vinnie. We also have Boateng and Boyata who could emerge as strong CB's. There is Kolo as well (whatever happens there) who played very well for us this season.

I think the money can be better spend elsewhere....
I don't know. Passing on Vertonghen is not something you should do if he can be as special as he appears he might be.

27 clean sheets isnt a personal achievement for Hart.

Its;

Hart
Kompany Lescott
De Jong

If people want to start fixing areas that dont need fixing lets buy Casillas, Dani Alves, Cambiasso. Also lets hire Mourinho and sack the sheikh and bring in Perez. In fact why not just get rid of all of us and bring in the Barca fans who get 100k every game.

Most were moaning at Micah 1 year ago and look how good he is now. We need a settled team with 2/3 additions. Not an overhaul

People go overboard about Lescott being uncomfortable on the ball, yes he was hoofing it away in the second half at Eveton but by that time the whole team had lost their heads and everyone was doing it, even Silva sliced it straight up in the air a couple of times. The games in the weeks before that he barely misplaced a pass and a couple of times he started attacks like his pass to Dzeko against Spurs. And as for suggestions that he wouldn't get into any of the other top 4 teams, who cares? We've conceded fewer goals than United and Arsenal with Lescott in the team, and only one more than Chelsea. We don't need star players in every position, just effective ones.

jjeangi said:
There's a lot of talk about getting a new CB...Why? I think Lescott's clicking well with Vinny.
And if he got injured or sent off? We need big strong and experienced men back there, lescott has settled in now but we need options.

ManCitizens. said:

Its;

Hart
Kompany Lescott
De Jong

If people want to start fixing areas that dont need fixing lets buy Casillas, Dani Alves, Cambiasso. Also lets hire Mourinho and sack the sheikh and bring in Perez. In fact why not just get rid of all of us and bring in the Barca fans who get 100k every game.

Most were moaning at Micah 1 year ago and look how good he is now. We need a settled team with 2/3 additions. Not an overhaul

Yes! ANd those 2 or 3 additions are Sanchez over AJ, Fabregas over Barry and Vertonghen over Lescott.

And I am sorry, Hart's 27 cleansheets is either Hart or it is the whole team. All the way from Tevez and Balotelli down to Kolarov and Barry. Certainly he was getting clean sheets before Lescott started playing.

All these sentimental excuses for why we shouldn't improve a glaring and obvious weakness is laughable. Sure we are great. Just keep the team as is. and when we hit another slump between January and March, and get bundle out of the CL, FA and any chance at winning the league. Don't go moaning about not getting the players in.

Point blank simple, our weakest link as a footballer is Joleon Lescott. You can like him, appreciate his effort and commend his improvement. But he does not compare to Rio, Vidic, Luiz, Alex, Terry, or Ivanovic, Dawson, Gallas, Vermaelen.

He just is not good enough. He is an average tackler, a very good header, and perhaps one of the least confident if not the least technical CD I have ever come across.

Sorry, there are no areas that need improvement more than the CD spot next to Kompany. None!
Truth be told, I bet by the end of the summer, even if we didn't get anyone new, he'd get beat out by Boateng or Boyatta. Those 2 are just superior athletes and superior footballers. But we have a good chance of getting Jan Vertonghen. He is coming to the Prem. It is Either Us/United/Arsenal or Pool. One of those 4 will get this kid. Sadly we have the least tecjnically sound CD of all 4 teams in Lescott, so why hesitate?

This Kid would cost half of what it cost to buy Lescott (if that!) Really want to know how good Lescott is? Put him on the market and lets see what price you'd get for him. I'd be shocked if anyone offered more than 5 million. He is not good enough PERIOD. This isn't a get some more time issue. Heis technically deficient. That simple.

Dax777 said:
Point blank simple, our weakest link as a footballer is Joleon Lescott. You can like him, appreciate his effort and commend his improvement. But he does not compare to Rio, Vidic, Luiz, Alex, Terry, or Ivanovic, Dawson, Gallas, Vermaelen.

He just is not good enough. He is an average tackler, a very good header, and perhaps one of the least confident if not the least technical CD I have ever come across.

Sorry, there are no areas that need improvement more than the CD spot next to Kompany. None!

Truth be told, I bet by the end of the summer, even if we didn't get anyone new, he'd get beat out by Boateng or Boyatta. Those 2 are just superior athletes and superior footballers. But we have a good chance of getting Jan Vertonghen. He is coming to the Prem. It is Either Us/United/Arsenal or Pool. One of those 4 will get this kid. Sadly we have the least tecjnically sound CD of all 4 teams in Lescott, so why hesitate?

This Kid would cost half of what it cost to buy Lescott (if that!) Really want to know how good Lescott is? Put him on the market and lets see what price you'd get for him. I'd be shocked if anyone offered more than 5 million. He is not good enough PERIOD. This isn't a get some more time issue. Heis technically deficient. That simple.
Will you please stop talking out of your arse, DAX777. Only Vidic and possibly the old Terry on your list are better than Joleon right now. As for being worth only 5 million, absolute rubbish. Also, he is NOT technically deficient. Yes, we need back-up if Kolo is out with a massive ban, so no harm in buying your Ajax sweeper, but we must keep and continue to nurture Joleon at all costs. Boateng and Kolorov likewise.

lionheart said:
Will you please stop talking out of your arse, DAX777. Only Vidic and possibly the old Terry on your list are better than Joleon right now. As for being worth only 5 million, absolute rubbish. Also, he is NOT technically deficient. Yes, we need back-up if Kolo is out with a massive ban, so no harm in buying your Ajax sweeper, but we must keep and continue to nurture Joleon at all costs. Boateng and Kolorov likewise.
Joleon is better than Luiz, Vermalean, Dawson, Ivanovic and Rio? Dude stop joking. Toure is better than Lescott, and even he isn't as good as any of the above.

I didn't say he was worth 5 million. I said we couldn't get more than 5 million for him on the open market. Maybe 7 if push came to shove. But nothing more.

I am talking out of my arse? This is laughable, nuture a 28 yeaold? Dude is closer to the end of his career than the beginning. There is nothing to nuture. This is Lescott. Love it or leave it. I really don't care if we get Vertonghen specifically. I bet the club has better scouts than my amateur scouting. But certainly we need a better CD than we presently have. That is just a fact.

Lescott,as first choice,isn't good enough for the next stage.

A one dimensional player who struggles against a more agile/pacier opponent.

ManCitizens. said:

Its;

Hart
Kompany Lescott
De Jong

Luckily enough...Lescott is not bad enough to make us lose games against lower opponents. But he is not good enough for a starter...if we want to play in the CL aswell as win the premier league.

If we partner Kompany with a better CB...Hart would be on 30+ clean sheets.

Just because Lescott is doing a decent job doesn't means that he should be a starter next season for us.

Kompany and De Jong are on a different class compared to Lescott. Just think what our defence would be if we had someone like them instead of him?

Our Cb pairing is below uniteds vidic-ferdinand and chelseas luiz-terry.

If we can get a class cb to pair kompany..we will have the best Imo.

jjeangi said:
There's a lot of talk about getting a new CB...Why? I think Lescott's clicking well with Vinny.

Lescott isnt world class - he's a good Prem footballer but he always has a mistake in him (wrong side of Jones nearly cost us).

We need to move to next level. Toure and Lescott can stay as number 3/4 choice but if we get a world class CB it will mean only having to play one holding midfield player = more goals.......................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.