Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at the Oscars

Revisionist bullshit from the bloke who was inititally smiling and laughing until he saw the glare he was getting from his wife. This was now a spontaneous act from 'bottled rage'. Glossing over the middle bit and excusing acting like a **** nicely

Revisionist bullshit from the bloke who was inititally smiling and laughing until he saw the glare he was getting from his wife. This was now a spontaneous act from 'bottled rage'. Glossing over the middle bit and excusing acting like a **** nicely

There’s no doubt he acted like a **** but the biggest ‘victim‘ in all this, by a considerable distance, is Smith. He has ruined a career that he had developed through decades of hard work with a moment of madness that he will doubtless regret for the rest of his life.

The fact he’s desperately trying to recover the situation in the press shouldn’t come as a surprise and should be deserving of a degree of sympathy imo.

He’s completely ruined his career due to an ego fuelled rush of blood to the head and will be repenting at considerable leisure for the rest of his days. That doesn’t make him a monster, just flawed like the rest of us, and living with a self-inflicted fall of that magnitude is punishment enough for anyone in those circumstances imo. That will cut him the deepest.

I think he’s suffered enough for his terrible mistake and is deserving of a bit of empathy. He’s basically ruined his life as it was, and I, for one, feel very sorry for him. Having seen people close to me who’ve done the same it’s a horrible thing to witness. The anger, the self-loathing, the loss of perspective, the inability to listen to others, the obsession around it. All corrosively eat away at that person’s soul because of a mistake that had profound consequences and impacts on everyone around them. A sorry, pitiful and pathetic thing to bear witness to, and made all the more acute in this instance because the narrative is played out so publicly.

So an unpopular view to some no doubt, but I feel sorry for Smith because he’s completely fucking blown it in the most public way imaginable.

There’s no doubt he acted like a **** but the biggest ‘victim‘ in all this, by a considerable distance, is Smith. He has ruined a career that he had developed through decades of hard work with a moment of madness that he will doubtless regret for the rest of his life.

The fact he’s desperately trying to recover the situation in the press shouldn’t come as a surprise and should be deserving of a degree of sympathy imo.

He’s completely ruined his career due to an ego fuelled rush of blood to the head and will be repenting at considerable leisure for the rest of his days. That doesn’t make him a monster, just flawed like the rest of us, and living with a self-inflicted fall of that magnitude is punishment enough for anyone in those circumstances imo. That will cut him the deepest.

I think he’s suffered enough for his terrible mistake and is deserving of a bit of empathy. He’s basically ruined his life as it was, and I, for one, feel very sorry for him. Having seen people close to me who’ve done the same it’s a horrible thing to witness. The anger, the self-loathing, the loss of perspective, the inability to listen to others, the obsession around it. All corrosively eat away at that person’s soul because of a mistake that had profound consequences and impacts on everyone around them. A sorry, pitiful and pathetic thing to bear witness to, and made all the more acute in this instance because the narrative is played out so publicly.

So an unpopular view to some no doubt, but I feel sorry for Smith because he’s completely fucking blown it in the most public way imaginable.
His wife has humiliated him and their children for years, to stand up for her at that moment was as you say the final nail in the coffin for his career and self respect.

I’m sure his millions will be a comfort, go off do something else, he was a dick and assaulted someone, I’d have been sacked for that, his wife has humiliated him in the past, maybe he should’ve slapped her ( metaphorically speaking)

None of this drama affected me and I wish him well, he needs to work on himself without the baggage of a sneering partner that holds his self worth down.

Wise words from Denzel Washington

At your highest moment, be careful – that's when the devil comes for you."

All the talk of a spur of the moment thing is bollocks. He sat for about 30 seconds and then walked for another 10(?) Before he got to Rock. Plenty of time to have a second or even a third thought. Wanker of the highest order!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.