Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at the Oscars

Exactly, it’s a joke primarily about how bad a film GI Jane is.

It’s a crap joke though. Poorly constructed switch and bait, he went from lauding another acting couple (both talented and respected) to picking on the physical attributes of the lesser talented in the Smith duo.

It has a double meaning perhaps but GI Jane is 25 years old, it isn't a buzzword for mediocrity as much as it is for buzzcut. Think he might have gotten away with taking the piss out of her acting in the Matrix film and it would have been more topical than her haircut.

Last edited:
It’s a crap joke though. Poorly constructed switch and bait, he went from lauding another acting couple (both talented and respected) to picking on the physical attributes of the lesser talented in the Smith duo.

It has a double meaning perhaps but GI Jane is 25 years old, it isn't a buzzword for mediocrity as much as it is for buzzcut. Think he might have gotten away with taking the piss out of her acting in the Matrix film and ut would have been more topical than her haircut.

Yeah absolutely it’s not a great joke. Doesn’t mean he should be slapped for it though.

The one thing that makes me doubt the authenticity of the episode is the slap. If it was "real" and he was as offended as he made out he was, wouldn't he have given Rock a couple of proper digs?

There's some weird people on this forum, so it's OK to publicly humiliate a woman who has lost her hair just to get a laugh. Presumably it would be fine if she had lost her hair through chemotherapy aswell right as its the same result.

Perhaps Will Smith didn't realise how upset his wife was at first.

There's some weird people on this forum, so it's OK to publicly humiliate a woman who has lost her hair just to get a laugh. Presumably it would be fine if she had lost her hair through chemotherapy aswell right as its the same result.

You're one of the voices in Carrol Smith's head and I claim my free slap.

As I said if anyone insulted my wife I wouldn't think twice about defending her
Idc what half these fuckwits with their "Expert" opinions post on here
As you said there are some strange postings
It must be hard for Mrs Smith to deal with on a day to day basis with her situation and then have some Idiot like Rock come on and aim a cheap shot at her
As I said he got what he deserved

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.