Will they fire Mancini?

Blue Haze said:
Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
45 years of gloryhunting said:
if Mancini doesn win the premiership this season , Mourinho will be our new manager in May , the sheik wants success , he has bought the best players ,so he will get the best manager in the world. It will be unfair on mancini , who is a great manager and his passion for the club and team is commendable , and he will always be remembered for ending the 35 years , but its a ruthless business.
Yeah, that's how Abramovich sees it. Certainly done Chelsea a world of good, hasn't it?

The biggest mistake Abramovitch ever made was firing the best manager in the world.
Guardiola managed Chelsea? I must have been out that day....

How long has Mourinho stayed at a club? How long has the club continued to succeed after his departure? He is not someone I want to see at City, Mancini has already done enough to keep his job.

Blue Haze said:
Yeah, that's how Abramovich sees it. Certainly done Chelsea a world of good, hasn't it?

The biggest mistake Abramovitch ever made was firing the best manager in the world.
Guardiola managed Chelsea? I must have been out that day....

I rate Guardiola, but he has so far only proven it at one club.

Mourinho may be a massive douche, but he wins whichever league he's in 80% of the time.

LoveCity said:
I'm not sure our owners are that ruthless though, the media paints them that way but how have they been ruthless? If they were ruthless, they would have cut Clueless' throat sooner instead of allowing him 1 1/2 seasons of mediocrity.

I also don't agree that we've "bought the best players". We've bought some real talent but only a few of them could really be called world class upon joining the club (Aguero, maybe Yaya and Tevez). We haven't been signing the true cream of the crop like Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, and Robben. Silva and Hart have become world class players in Mancini's tenure, Silva wasn't signed as one (remember all the doubts about him?).

Mancini has done a great job of improving players on the cusp or with the potential of being something special into something special like Silva, Hart, Kompany, and Micah.

Silva and Kompany were very good players when we bought them, although Silva took some time at first to adjust to the Prem.
Hart and Richards are at an age where every year of experience should lead to improved performances anyway.

But what about:-
Kolarov,
Dzeko,
Aguero,
Nazri,
Johnson,
Boateng,

Do you think that these players are being (or in the case of Boateng, was) improved by Roberto, compared to their performances with their previous clubs?

If you want to see an example of player improvement, take a look at Sunderland.

45 years of gloryhunting said:
if Mancini doesn win the premiership this season , Mourinho will be our new manager in May , the sheik wants success , he has bought the best players ,so he will get the best manager in the world. It will be unfair on mancini , who is a great manager and his passion for the club and team is commendable , and he will always be remembered for ending the 35 years , but its a ruthless business.

I don't think anybody has that crystal ball but the Sheikh.

Stillsy said:
Guardiola isnt a patch on Mourinho.

I have to admit I've been thinking for a while that whoever has Guardiola next is taking a very large risk. The job he has done at Barcelona can't be argued with however it's under pretty unique circumstances.

Being in charge of the 'B' team before being given the main job and several of his top players coming from that squad already knowing him, his tactics and training methods.
That's not going to happen anywhere else, that's not to say he won't be successful at another club but it is a risk probably for quite a lot of money.

remoh said:
LoveCity said:
I'm not sure our owners are that ruthless though, the media paints them that way but how have they been ruthless? If they were ruthless, they would have cut Clueless' throat sooner instead of allowing him 1 1/2 seasons of mediocrity.

I also don't agree that we've "bought the best players". We've bought some real talent but only a few of them could really be called world class upon joining the club (Aguero, maybe Yaya and Tevez). We haven't been signing the true cream of the crop like Messi, Ronaldo, Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Alonso, Schweinsteiger, Ribery, and Robben. Silva and Hart have become world class players in Mancini's tenure, Silva wasn't signed as one (remember all the doubts about him?).

Mancini has done a great job of improving players on the cusp or with the potential of being something special into something special like Silva, Hart, Kompany, and Micah.

Silva and Kompany were very good players when we bought them, although Silva took some time at first to adjust to the Prem.
Hart and Richards are at an age where every year of experience should lead to improved performances anyway.

Kolarov,
Dzeko,
Aguero,
Nazri,
Johnson,
Boateng,

Do you think that these players are being (or in the case of Boateng, was) improved by Roberto, compared to their performances with their previous clubs?

I haven't heard a player named Sunderland, who is he and what's his position....

CityCTID said:
remoh said:
LoveCity said:

Kolarov,
Dzeko,
Aguero,
Nazri,
Johnson,
Boateng,

I haven't heard a player named Sunderland, who is he and what's his position....

Alan Sunderland you mean?
I think he might be retired now... ;o)

Alan Sunderland you mean?
I think he might be retired now... ;o)[/quote]

Ah, Alan Sunderland. He of the bubbly perm! Gave us a big laugh in 79, when he scored the winner for Arsenal in the Cup Final v rags (who had come back from 2-0 down to 2-2). I remember that jig that I did round my folks' house when that went in like it was yesterday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.