Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem?

Chippy_boy said:
BlueAnorak said:
City Beating Liverpool and Everton away in the same season last happened in 1981-82
Liverpool 1 City 3 & Everton 0 City 1

Previous to that:
1930/31 Liverpool 0 City 2 & Everton 0 City 1
1929/30 Liverpool 1 City 6 & Everton 2 City 3

It has only happened once in my lifetime - so pretty much as rare as rocking horse manure.

So statistically, no we are not going to win it.

Pointless comparing when you remember we were shit for many of the previous years. We are not shit anymore.
and we don't need to win both anyway.

cleavers said:
Chippy_boy said:
BlueAnorak said:
City Beating Liverpool and Everton away in the same season last happened in 1981-82
Liverpool 1 City 3 & Everton 0 City 1

Previous to that:
1930/31 Liverpool 0 City 2 & Everton 0 City 1
1929/30 Liverpool 1 City 6 & Everton 2 City 3

It has only happened once in my lifetime - so pretty much as rare as rocking horse manure.

So statistically, no we are not going to win it.

Pointless comparing when you remember we were shit for many of the previous years. We are not shit anymore.

Draw at Liverpool and Everton win the rest it's ours on GD. Liverpool/Chelsea draw we can draw at palace as well. If we don't lose on Sunday we're massive favourites.

A draw at Anfield and Goodison will be enough as a draw at Anfield knocks Liverpool's potential points total too.

The danger is that City know that and sub-consciously we go into these games knowing a point will do and we end up on the back foot all game, and go down narrowly.

I am sure that's what happened to Utd when they came to City in 2012 for the 1-0......they hardly got out of our half, and although we rarely looked like scoring, the pattern of the game was set early on, and Kompany got that goal from a corner.

We also need Chelsea to get knocked out tonight. They are our insurance policy. If they go through, then Liverpool's chances of winning that game go up enormously due to the timing of the League game, and the Champions League semi-finals

Yes I hope Chelsea go out tonight also

mike100lewis said:
cleavers said:
Chippy_boy said:

Draw at Liverpool and Everton win the rest it's ours on GD. Liverpool/Chelsea draw we can draw at palace as well. If we don't lose on Sunday we're massive favourites.
*sniff*

cleavers said:
BlueAnorak said:
I'm assuming we'll mess up against Palace - it's the City thing to do!
Palace will almost certainly have nothing to play for by then, so little or no motivation to beat us.

It's not in Pulis' DNA to not try his hardest to beat us. And we have to accept it's a up final for most of the teams we play these days. Bragging rights at having beaten "moneybags City". That said, i think we will beat them comfortably, they are no Southampton.

Marvin said:
We also need Chelsea to get knocked out tonight. They are our insurance policy. If they go through, then Liverpool's chances of winning that game go up enormously due to the timing of the League game, and the Champions League semi-finals

Be careful what you wish for. Chelsea might very well win all their remaining games should they beat Liverpool. That would give them 87 points which might conceivably be enough to win it. I think we want them distracted by the CL for as long as possible, thinking they don't need to win the PL to salvage their season.

Yesterday's result is a boost for us for our game in hand against S'land next week. They'll be crestfallen and the fact Poyet's gone and said "we need a miracle to stay up" certainly won't help to lift their spirits. Now we just need to beat the dippers and we'll be well on our way.

there is lots of good arguments for things happening and even if this and that happen we can still do it or still slip up and they are all true BUT my gut gut feeling is if Liverpool beat us on sunday they will win the title, thats why I'm going to be a wreck all week and during the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.