Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem?

jimbo101 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have us coming in on 87 points, having drawn at Liverpool and Everton.

Should we lose at Liverpool, I would then expect us to lay it on the line and win at Everton, meaning us coming in at 88.

However those cards play out, both of those targets will still be enough IMO.

Got us all down on 85 points (Chelsea to draw 1 game, Liverpool 2 & us 3)

Our goal difference advantage of 5 over Liverpool might be crucial.

2 games in hand (at home) will hopefully make this +5 greater. Goal difference not a problem for me imo.

Chippy_boy said:
Marvin said:
We also need Chelsea to get knocked out tonight. They are our insurance policy. If they go through, then Liverpool's chances of winning that game go up enormously due to the timing of the League game, and the Champions League semi-finals

Be careful what you wish for. Chelsea might very well win all their remaining games should they beat Liverpool. That would give them 87 points which might conceivably be enough to win it. I think we want them distracted by the CL for as long as possible, thinking they don't need to win the PL to salvage their season.

Because they ain't going to win it. The rags are. Aren't they ? ;-)

Stoned Rose said:
If we win on Sunday the scouse mob are out of the title.
In the spirit of 2012 I refuse to rule out anyone until it's mathematically beyond them. And neither should our boys.

IrelandSuperman said:
Stoned Rose said:
If we win on Sunday the scouse mob are out of the title.
In the spirit of 2012 I refuse to rule out anyone until it's mathematically beyond them. And neither should our boys.

I'd like to think that much like the rags in the season following our victory, we're focused enough on the task at hand to not let any complacency stand in our way. If we win at Anfield we're 95% of the way there IMO, it would only be factors outside our control that would fuck it up. The boys would see it through.

jimbo101 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Have us coming in on 87 points, having drawn at Liverpool and Everton.

Should we lose at Liverpool, I would then expect us to lay it on the line and win at Everton, meaning us coming in at 88.

However those cards play out, both of those targets will still be enough IMO.

Got us all down on 85 points (Chelsea to draw 1 game, Liverpool 2 & us 3)

Our goal difference advantage of 5 over Liverpool might be crucial.
Bloody hell. Us as champions and two others claiming to be 'joint champions'!

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Marvin said:
A draw at Anfield and Goodison will be enough as a draw at Anfield knocks Liverpool's potential points total too.

The danger is that City know that and sub-consciously we go into these games knowing a point will do and we end up on the back foot all game, and go down narrowly.

I am sure that's what happened to Utd when they came to City in 2012 for the 1-0......they hardly got out of our half, and although we rarely looked like scoring, the pattern of the game was set early on, and Kompany got that goal from a corner.

We also need Chelsea to get knocked out tonight. They are our insurance policy. If they go through, then Liverpool's chances of winning that game go up enormously due to the timing of the League game, and the Champions League semi-finals

That is not Pellegrini's style and his captain Kompany is of the same ilk. Worry not Mr Marvin.

It wasn't Taggart's style to settle for a draw either but it still panned out that way. Its a sub conscious thing.

On the flip side its going to be a very emotional day for reasons other than its a potential title decider which as with the Munich anniversary when we beat ManU 2-1 means the pressure is going to be ramped up on Liverpool so them freezing on the day would not surprise me.

I think we will handle the occasion better and we will come out with a narrow win but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

The way refs are all banding together with linesmen and the league to make sure Gerrard gets at least one PL medal I am not so sure.

He has had 12 penalties in one season and several red cards against opposing teams. Desc or Kompany sent off and we are done for.

If it's a fair game we should win with ease but after what I have been seeing fair is as joking a little too much.

BobKowalski said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Marvin said:
A draw at Anfield and Goodison will be enough as a draw at Anfield knocks Liverpool's potential points total too.

The danger is that City know that and sub-consciously we go into these games knowing a point will do and we end up on the back foot all game, and go down narrowly.

I am sure that's what happened to Utd when they came to City in 2012 for the 1-0......they hardly got out of our half, and although we rarely looked like scoring, the pattern of the game was set early on, and Kompany got that goal from a corner.

That is not Pellegrini's style and his captain Kompany is of the same ilk. Worry not Mr Marvin.

It wasn't Taggart's style to settle for a draw either but it still panned out that way. Its a sub conscious thing.

There was nothing remotely subconscious about it that day. To everyone's amazement (well all the reds' amazement anyway) they came to us set up completely differently from how they had approached all their previous games, playing 5 across the middle and 1 up top. They came to us, deliberately and specifically set up for a draw or at least not to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.